Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac specs.

DJT

Hi guys and gals,

Just looking at some advice on gutter cleaning and tools required.

Im looking at doing a diy wet dry vac and wanted some pointers what to look for.

What Is the minimum watts you would need for 2 storey?

What is the minimum air flow rate?

And how many litres would you need to hold?

Im looking at dipping my toe in , to hopefully build up enough work on gutters to justify a pro set up.

Cheers for your help

Dan.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

ive got a 2400w vac that lifts most sods out but its not the watts its the air flow that counts ,suction lift ect , im more than happy with my stream vac does the job just fine 51mm pips are best dont bother with 38 as they dont work as well

Yea I’m building my own from scratch, I’ve got the 50mm hose, I’ve got 5 100% carbon fibre poles which are 2 metres each & extremely lightweight, I’ve got a GoPro camera copy from eBay which streams to an iPhone, and shortly going to purchase a vac from Machine Mart which has a 166 l/s air flow, the next best thing to the sky vac, without the fancy price.

Not sure what you want to spend but this setup will have cost me around £1250 when I get the vac, plus I will convert the inlet to a side entry 50mm cyclone.

Hope this helps & gives you an idea of what you can achieve is you build your own system from scratch.

Yea I’m building my own from scratch, I’ve got the 50mm hose, I’ve got 5 100% carbon fibre poles which are 2 metres each & extremely lightweight, I’ve got a GoPro camera copy from eBay which streams to an iPhone, and shortly going to purchase a vac from Machine Mart which has a 166 l/s air flow, the next best thing to the sky vac, without the fancy price.

Not sure what you want to spend but this setup will have cost me around £1250 when I get the vac, plus I will convert the inlet to a side entry 50mm cyclone.

Hope this helps & gives you an idea of what you can achieve is you build your own system from scratch.
Mate lets us know if you get that vac? Im gonna get one hopefully soon.

Was just looking at this -

http://www.allpressuresprayersdirect.co.uk/issa-640m-wet-&-dry-vacuum-cleaner

Looks well built, made in Italy and the price is a lot lower than Ebay and what other stores price it for.

Just can't find any air flow stats for it..

Again.. probably one of the most important piece of info a customer would like to know & it’s not listed, from what I’ve noticed if it’s not listed in the description it’s probably nothing special, I know where my money is heading...

Just as a matter of interest where did you get all your gutter tools from?

Ive made my own..well two of them, your stainless or aluminium tube is available on eBay in different diameters, I’ve just purchase a length of 50mm aluminium tube, cut it in half & left one end on one piece un modified & the othe piece i put in a vice to close the end to a degree, this will be ideal for tighter gutters.

Dont go over paying for ready made ones, much cheaper to buy your own tube & modify it to your own spec, at around 2mm it’s very easy to crush & shape yourself!

Was just looking at this -

http://www.allpressuresprayersdirect.co.uk/issa-640m-wet-&-dry-vacuum-cleaner

Looks well built, made in Italy and the price is a lot lower than Ebay and what other stores price it for.

Just can't find any air flow stats for it..
I have one of these and have used it for the last 6 years, extremely hard wearing mainly only need 2 vacs on the go.

Only now am I about to replace the brushes in the motors.

I use with 51mm hose and for join into drum I cut down an old empty silicone gun cartridge I've never had a blockage since doing that.

Highly recommended

20150530_125836.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these and have used it for the last 6 years, extremely hard wearing mainly only need 2 vacs on the go.

Only now am I about to replace the brushes in the motors.

I use with 51mm hose and for join into drum I cut down an old empty silicone gun cartridge I've never had a blockage since doing that.

Highly recommended

View attachment 12730

Alright mate, yeah I was looking at it and it looks like a quality bit of kit compared with other units available. And to get six years out of it must be tough. Be handy if they published all of the air flow stats on it. A lot of the gutter vacs sold with the full kit, when you look at the performance of the vacs they are low and in many instances there charging a lot of cash for them. 

Alright mate, yeah I was looking at it and it looks like a quality bit of kit compared with other units available. And to get six years out of it must be tough. Be handy if they published all of the air flow stats on it. A lot of the gutter vacs sold with the full kit, when you look at the performance of the vacs they are low and in many instances there charging a lot of cash for them. 
The vac motors are Soteco 2 stage bypass 1100w I've no idea what the air flow  stats are, but I can assure you it's not under powered.

I've used it for hard floor cleaning, sucking flood water up and vacuuming out vehicles as well as gutter cleaning. Never had an issue 

Stainless steel drum is great quality no rust showing at all. 

The vac motors are Soteco 2 stage bypass 1100w I've no idea what the air flow  stats are, but I can assure you it's not under powered.

I've used it for hard floor cleaning, sucking flood water up and vacuuming out vehicles as well as gutter cleaning. Never had an issue 

Did you have any problems with the trolley?

Rear wheels look a bit vulnerable 
how do they look vulnerable? Lol 

I'm not going to take advantage of them.....

They are wheels go round and round carries a full load in the drum up and down steps  over cobbled streets. 

Rear wheels look a bit vulnerable 

Thats that’s the same vac that omnivac use they just modified it a bit with side entry very good vac 

the main problem I have found with it is there is no brakes on the wheels and it will run away whilst working if you arnt careful 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats that’s the same vac that omnivac use they just modified it a bit with side entry very good vac 

the main problem I have found with it is there is no brakes on the wheels and it will run away whilst working if you arnt careful 

Suppose a quick swap out of the front castors with brake ones would sort that issue.

Latest Posts

Back