Jump to content
DJT

Gutter vac specs.



Recommended Posts

cornishcraig
7 hours ago, Pjj said:

 

Hayle

 

 

 

Helston 😎😎

 

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

Well to be honest the Karcher might be the way to go. I looked at it on You Tube. I requested from Karcher a quote for the one I posted. So see how much it costs. The inlet is only 38ml on it.

 

It has a filter inside it so not sure if that stays on for wet vacuuming. There fifty to replace. 

 

At least with Karcher you can get parts.

 

The drum wouldnt get dents in like my current metal one.

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
11 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Well to be honest the Karcher might be the way to go. I looked at it on You Tube. I requested from Karcher a quote for the one I posted. So see how much it costs. The inlet is only 38ml on it.

 

It has a filter inside it so not sure if that stays on for wet vacuuming. There fifty to replace. 

 

At least with Karcher you can get parts.

 

The drum wouldnt get dents in like my current metal one.

 

Re the Karcher, I’m just wondering where a side entry would fit on, the drum seems to have indents here & there, maybe at the back somewhere, like sky vac?

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
6 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

 

Re the Karcher, I’m just wondering where a side entry would fit on, the drum seems to have indents here & there, maybe at the back somewhere, like sky vac?

can't the side entry be fitted over the original entry?

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69

Yea you could, but then the vac would need to be on an angle when in use, not face on or back on as for frnt & back outlet, not a problem I know, just different.

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69

Also.. If you look at the outlet it seems an odd shape around the whole area, I’m not sure you’d get the side entry to fit snugly, like I said..they have manufactured it with curves, hard to imagine it working from the original port.

Edited by Carts69

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
21 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

Yea you could, but then the vac would need to be on an angle when in use, not face on or back on as for frnt & back outlet, not a problem I know, just different.

It might void the warranty doing it 

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

If you bolt it in and seal it with a thick layer of silicone that should do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69

I’m sure it would on any vac, the minute you start cutting into their canisters would give them a great reason not to honour any guarantee, but hey.. it needs doing on any of these vacs, they are not built for gutter applications, that’s why it’s important to choose a machine that’s gonna last, hopefully long after the guarantee expires.

Not an easy one, all the machines with a higher airflow come at a priemium.

Back to the drawing board one thinks.

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

If you buy it mail order and it goes wrong they might just want the head unit returned to repair not the fully vacuum..

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69

True, I’m still tempted with the Machine Mart one, I know you have been put off with it as it’s run by a school leaver & only established a year but... I’m gonna take a gamble on it.

cant be bothered to keep looking for something I’m never gonna find,the more I search the harder it’s getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69

An interesting read, maybe that one will be a better buy & cheaper and...comes recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
On 2/18/2018 at 08:29, THL4KEL said:

Thinks it's either that or the karcher

 

Just made my decision got the Karcher on order!

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
21 hours ago, Carts69 said:

 

Just made my decision got the Karcher on order!

Cart

 

How much did you get it for?

 

Let us no your thoughts once it arrives mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
1 hour ago, THL4KEL said:

Cart

 

How much did you get it for?

 

Let us no your thoughts once it arrives mate.

 

I went for..

Karcher NT 70/3

£558

 

I shall let you know my thoughts once it arrives.

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
On 21/02/2018 at 18:49, Carts69 said:

 

I went for..

Karcher NT 70/3

£558

 

I shall let you know my thoughts once it arrives.

Did You get it yet mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69

Yea would have hoped so but guess what?  Yep out of stock, even though they are still showing as having 4 available on eBay, no email to explain the delay, I had to chase them up, grrrrrr what is the matter with these bloody companies, I’m starting to hate mail order!

they were due a delivery Tuesday but that has now been put back to this Friday (estimated) Not impressed, I’m deffo not a good waiter, especially when they are banking my money 😡

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
11 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

Yea would have hoped so but guess what?  Yep out of stock, even though they are still showing as having 4 available on eBay, no email to explain the delay, I had to chase them up, grrrrrr what is the matter with these bloody companies, I’m starting to hate mail order!

they were due a delivery Tuesday but that has now been put back to this Friday (estimated) Not impressed, I’m deffo not a good waiter, especially when they are banking my money 😡

Dont blame you mate if you needed it for a job then it messes everyone about....

 

Its starting to happen a lot. Basically pretending they have the stock when they don't..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
1 minute ago, THL4KEL said:

Dont blame you mate if you needed it for a job then it messes everyone about....

 

Its starting to happen a lot. Basically pretending they have the stock when they don't..

 

 

Luckily I don’t need it yet, but in fairness when I did get a reply from them, I was offered the option of waiting or getting a refund, I figured that as it was cheaper from there website than the eBay ones they are offering I’d best wait.

winds me up big time when things like this happen.

ive told them I wanna be kept up to speed, but don’t hold much hope.

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

At least there communicating i ordered a phone and i heard nothing for a month even though i sent emails. It turned up when i threatened reporting them to the police and I went on their company facebook page and started posting stuff.

 

The trouble these days is that there are a large volume of asian based companies with .co.uk addresses pretending they are based in the UK and they don't hold the stock they are selling..

 

Hope it turns up mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Michael Anderson

Machine marts v-tuf vts 8000 is the dogs ballocks, tripple motors .large stainless drum should be easy to convert to side entry.I think this is good value they do a gutter kit as well but it would be a lot cheaper to buy your own poles on ebay and silicone bend.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.