Hi guest don't want to see slide in ads? Register for free! Read more... ×

Hi I've recently started out building my business by just canvassing and the work is coming in very fast just tonight I've got near £200 worth of new work in a two miles radius 

Now for tip that help me be clean and tidy polite always knock door and as soon as they open just say hi or good evening sorry for disturbing you do you have a window cleaner at the minute tell them your local and have work in the area but your trying to build on it worked for me best of luck

Report PostReport post

I don't know if it'll work for you because there can be a lot of competition but I always canvass new housing estates. You have to be on the ball with it- knocking as soon as possible after it is occupied. The benefits are compact work (increasing hourly rate and less collecting time) and better prices and once you've a foothold, competition drops a lot. It's worth travelling out if there isn't an estate under construction nearby. 

Other than that I second the recommendation to look up recently sold houses.

Edited by Skxawng

Report PostReport post

My tried and tested format which seems to work

go out blanket with leaflets whole estate never knock a door on the first day...

normally leave it a day or two

then knock every door ask if they saw the leaflet and if they need a windy....never put them under pressure if they've got one to leave (come to me) usually knock out between 10\15 on a nights canvassing

new estates always check online how many are going up 175 on an estate means plenty of room for at least 2/3 of us so keep punting away 25 on an estate is worth travelling for

Chris

Report PostReport post

6 minutes ago, Cameronmalson1985 said:

I delivered a load today in a new housing estate and got one phone call from it. I will leave it two days and try what u said knocking and asking did they see the leaflet 👍🏼 Thank u

looks,like u nailed it if you had a call pretty much straight away off the leaflets

id be back on them Thursday Friday evening knock every door if possible...make a note of ones not in and drop back on them Saturday Sunday

Report PostReport post

Yeah I left the new housing estate drove about to miles and that’s when he phoned. When I give him the quote he was happy and said when can you do it for me. 1pm tomorrow and I’m hoping when I do it people will see me and get on to me. Like u said Thursday and Friday I will knock the doors and see if they had leaflets and see if they are interested. Thanks everyone for your help 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Report PostReport post