Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaving grey lines

WCF

Help Support WCF:

lesuns

My water is coming out at 0.00 but still leaving grey lines going down the windows,I’ve changed the resin and both filters,has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Is it on all houses? Could it be the plastic frames “leeching” ?

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

I don’t think it’s the frames as there are too many lines,you can’t see them until the sun comes out!!!

After cleaning the frames and glass try drying the frame with a microfibre and just clean the glass, if you don’t get ‘lines’ the frames or seals are oxidised and need a ‘restore’. I assume you’ve made sure the lines aren’t there before you start?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Is it coming down from windows with air vents 

After cleaning the frames and glass try drying the frame with a microfibre and just clean the glass, if you don’t get ‘lines’ the frames or seals are oxidised and need a ‘restore’. I assume you’ve made sure the lines aren’t there before you start?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
There are no air vents and Ime sure the lines weren’t there before hand

It's just dirt from the frames that you have agitated. Do the frames over once and wait until they're dry, then do the glass only, job done.

Are you giving all windows a proper first clean as in a full and thorough clean of all the frames and glass, giving a good rinse of the tops of the frames to ensure you have removed all dirt. 

I have seen a good few lads just clean the face of the frame leaving the dirt trapped behind along the top the openers this will potentially cause dirty runs onto the glass. 

It’s more likely than not a technique issue. 

How long have you been wfp? My guess is your pretty new. 

When your cleaning the too frame and top

seal, you get used to seeing how the water beads up in the seal, and you can usually swipe them away. 

Also if your only only using a low flow then this could be causing it. Your not thoroughly rinsing all the dirt sway. 

Being thorough is the key, in particularly he first clean, and then using a good flow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you dont even see these marks as the sun isnt directly on the window, but now its winter and the sun's low it shines directly on the glass and shows up everything. Ive allways found it too be the rubber. I had one yesterday had too like silver runs down the glass about 3inch long almost like a snail trail i just put a bit of unger rub out on the brush and gave the top rubber a good scrub then rinsed off. Its probably there all the time but you never notice till its in direct sun light. 

The suns a pain in the ass. I pole my own windows and have a bad seal on my front window. Thought I didn’t get a drip this time round until the next day the sun was on it and was as bad as ever 

i picked up a new job they had a trad cleaner for years but he cancled as they were marking his guttering rong size ladder any way my friend cleaned it a fand full of times wfp and it left lines at the bottom he tryed everything ubik ect ect but it allways dryed **** any way i tryed it and the same lines at the bottom so i just trad cleaned it and it was fine , wfp dont allways work on every job  :1f44d:

i picked up a new job they had a trad cleaner for years but he cancled as they were marking his guttering rong size ladder any way my friend cleaned it a fand full of times wfp and it left lines at the bottom he tryed everything ubik ect ect but it allways dryed **** any way i tryed it and the same lines at the bottom so i just trad cleaned it and it was fine , wfp dont allways work on every job  :1f44d:
good to know and simple solution.

Back