Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Steaks when it rains

Are you rinsing fully off the glass as a friend of mine only rinses down half way and hopes it runs off the glass but when the glass is warm it sort of stops running off the glass and leaves a dirty inch at the bottom of the window. Not saying you don't do this but just trying to help solve the problem, or alternatively scrub the bottom of the window and rinse like hell.

The bottom 5-10 cm of a pane can behave differently than the rest, I see that quite alot when rinsing, especially on concrete housing and/or with sheet metal on the bottom frame of the window. My guess is rain (or worse, water drips from above) bounces off the bottom frame, leaving some sort of residue on the glass.

Very, very rarely does it end up being a problem though. I've had a single customer complaint about leaving droplets, and after redoing them, and waiting for 40 minutes she was right, the bottom of the glass was still wet somehow.

Make sure you don’t bang your brush on the surrounding render or you’ll have steaks and chips ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Steak when it rains. That will certainly cut the mustard my friend, come and clean my windows any time [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

You get a white residue from plastic frames when cleaned with pole and using purified water. I get this on new custys. The rain water doesn't take it off so just make sure it's rinsed properly.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back