Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift compact questions

mikey0451

Looking at purchasing 325 l facelift compact, will I be able to connect a propane heater? + any pro/cons on the system. Does the powered hose reel save you alot if time a day? Tia.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have the 325 great little system the only regret is a bought without the electric reel, but upgrade a few month later very I have a dodgy shoulder so the electric reel is a godsend and super fast at reeling in, its well made I have a ford connect and you wouldn't know it's installed.  One thing that I would highly recommend is when you install don't use the screws that come with the fitting kit but get some spreader plates and bolt it in place instead had my nearly two years and still love it. 

I can't believe how they don't provide a decent way of securing the tank into the van. Also the DI canister is in an awkward position to swap over if you have a van with just one side door. If you can get around these two issues it looks like pretty decent value however...

Can anyone see any issues with attaching a heater, can you access water pipe between tank and reel? Tia

Yes the spreader plates installed on my van were bigger a friend of mine fabricated them. 

I can't believe how they don't provide a decent way of securing the tank into the van. Also the DI canister is in an awkward position to swap over if you have a van with just one side door. If you can get around these two issues it looks like pretty decent value however...
Didn’t realise that I have the non Di version as I have a static tank for my pure water.

Not got a compact system, You don't need hot water in all honesty for everyone that has hot their will be another 20 cleaners or more that have used cold just fine i have never had a issue with cold water in 10 years. 

In all honesty i think for £1,000 its over priced for what it is yes its plug and go near enough but the lack of info wcw provide gives you know real idea of what it is your buying if your a novice, Better off going to http://purefreedom.co.uk and buying a diy system and least you also get a ro for producing pure and their is alot more info provided from them on their web page 

I like the idea of hot water too cut through the muck quicker+ not gonna be using any chems. Had a lot of frozen sills this winter and making instant slush puppy on the windows lol, does pure freeze the same? Have any of you lost a days work or had to start a few hour's later due to being -0

Before purchasing a water tank or considering sticking in a propane tank contact your insurance company and make them aware of your intentions to see if they will cover you.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have bought a compact 325 from wcw.  It looks great and the power reel is the dogs nuts... however I’m realising that using the self tapping bolts they gave me won’t hold long. 

also I do hear a slight rattle/knocking noisy from the tank when I go over some bumps. Can’t figure it out where it’s coming from?.

does anyone on here know where best to fix down the bolts on a Peugeot partner van?

I have bought a compact 325 from wcw.  It looks great and the power reel is the dogs nuts... however I’m realising that using the self tapping bolts they gave me won’t hold long. 

also I do hear a slight rattle/knocking noisy from the tank when I go over some bumps. Can’t figure it out where it’s coming from?.

does anyone on here know where best to fix down the bolts on a Peugeot partner van?
Through the floor using spreader plates underneath.

I've personally seen a few of these systems fitted into vans and fastened down using self tapping roofing screws. 

I don't know whether these are supplied with the kit or just specific installers using them.

The 325 compact has four flanged feet each with two holes in each. I would personally make sure if you own a tank to ensure its safe as i wouldn't want just shy of 500kgs smashing through a bulkhead and killing me during an emergency stop 

I've personally seen a few of these systems fitted into vans and fastened down using self tapping roofing screws. 

I don't know whether these are supplied with the kit or just specific installers using them.

The 325 compact has four flanged feet each with two holes in each. I would personally make sure if you own a tank to ensure its safe as i wouldn't want just shy of 500kgs smashing through a bulkhead and killing me during an emergency stop 
How can a supplier sell a unit like this with self taping bolts? I saw a 400 liter flat tank once where the securing metal tank straps where secured to the van's floor using nutserts. The ones at the back had pulled free. This was one of Brodex's chosen suppliers who thankfully doesn't exist any longer.

Proper high tensile bolts and nuts must be used with at least at 50mm x 50mm x 5/6mm spreader plates.

It might not be so easy securing the tank close to the back of the front seats. The o/p will have to reach into the gap where the footwells are in the passenger version to secure the tank to the floor. We found on both a Peugeot Partner, a Citroen Berlingo and Ford Transit Connect that we had to use a long length of 5 x 25mm flat bar as the gap was quite narrow.

If memory serves me on the Berlingo we were able to use one section of 50 x 5mm flat bar across the width of the van with the bolts through each end and one in the middle.

There is also the fuel tank to consider which is usually situated under where the rear passenger seat would be in the people carrier.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can a supplier sell a unit like this with self taping bolts? I saw a 400 liter flat tank once where the securing metal tank straps where secured to the van's floor using nutserts. The ones at the back had pulled free. This was one of Brodex's chosen suppliers who thankfully doesn't exist any longer.

Proper high tensile bolts and nuts must be used with at least at 50mm x 50mm x 5/6mm spreader plates.

It might not be so easy securing the tank close to the back of the front seats. The o/p will have to reach into the gap where the footwells are in the passenger version to secure the tank to the floor. We found on both a Peugeot Partner, a Citroen Berlingo and Ford Transit Connect that we had to use a long length of 5 x 25mm flat bar as the gap was quite narrow.

If memory serves me on the Berlingo we were able to use one section of 50 x 5mm flat bar across the width of the van with the bolts through each end and one in the middle.

There is also the fuel tank to consider which is usually situated under where the rear passenger seat would be in the people carrier.
Yes I've also seen a few with nut rivets inserts. 

My old transit install i did myself had 50x50mm box steel tubing with a 6mm wall thickness that I fabricated a long rectangular frame from a welded it directly onto the inner floor of the van behind the bulkhead and continuous weld beads along all four faces of it then bolted it èvery 200mm with high tensile bolts.

Take no chances is my motto 

20200921_180003.jpg

Right lads. Your all gonna hate be cause I mention them constantly right now, but I think  if it can help one lad on a budget make a safe decision then so be it. Also, I never knew about them until someone here told me. 

Pure2O, owned by Ionics, will PRICE MATCH. 

I sent them a quote for a 500l Facelift Compact, the type system spoken about here, and they matched the quote. So for the price of a compact I got a tank which was crash tested and fitted by a respectable company. 

(Full disclosure, I did end up spending more as added on extras, but the like for like quote was the same). 

https://www.pure2o.co.uk/price-promise/

I have the 325 great little system the only regret is a bought without the electric reel, but upgrade a few month later very I have a dodgy shoulder so the electric reel is a godsend and super fast at reeling in, its well made I have a ford connect and you wouldn't know it's installed. One thing that I would highly recommend is when you install don't use the screws that come with the fitting kit but get some spreader plates and bolt it in place instead had my nearly two years and still love it.
Looking at purchasing 325 l facelift compact, will I be able to connect a propane heater? + any pro/cons on the system. Does the powered hose reel save you alot if time a day? Tia.

I need to take my 325 compact out could anyone tell me where the location points are for the bolts or screws.

There is 4 x mounts two mounts each side of the tank bolted to the floors each mount as 2 x bolts or screws so a total of 8 bolts or tecscrews Unfasten them and you will be good to go.

Back