Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

General work questions

mikey0451

2 years planning finally there, make the switch next week. Cheers to smarter safer cleaning and hopefully some xtra profit[emoji41].Alright to the questions- May sound stupid bear with me do you pull all the hose legth out you need for the house and then attach pole and crack on? Would be brilliant to just pull as you go but surely would be hovering and a massive trip hazard..... Any advice of mistakes u+other's have made first days to save me making them. Following a post about poles someone has broke 3 extentions whilst even being careful do pole's break regular/ easily and is it worth having a spare? (He is using a higher reach pole obviously more fragile) Hate to lose a few hundy because didnt purchase a spare and broke in the morning.

Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I changed over last year, if I'm doing a run of houses I just pull up, put the warning cone out, connect my pole to the reel hose and do the closest house and work along (some windies prefer to start at the furthest point and work towards the van), on a average street I can do 13 good sized semi's with 100 metre of hose.

You've made the right choice I'm saving around two hours per day than when I was tradding, which equates to a day a week.

Good luck.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Wow didnt relise you could reach that far, unfortunately most i have is 7 in a row lol. I Was worried with some akward backs with alleys for access might not reach but sound like it wont be a problem, Did your custys take to the switch ok+ Do you use hot water if so is the normal hose suitable doesnt split ect? Thanks for the reply.

Awkward backs and alley including cottage gardens where there is lots of delicate flowers and flower pots  I use my trolley as pulling a long hose can cause damage.

It can be a good idea to have a spare pole but for the first few years I never had a spare and managed just fine although now about 10 years i have various spares, The trick is not to over extend carbon poles or leave them unattended when extended as a freak gust of wind could result in a snapped section. 

The second key thing when purchasing a carbon pole is to only buy a Gardiners pole like the Slx as all the others are  :1f4a9:  .

Wow didnt relise you could reach that far, unfortunately most i have is 7 in a row lol. I Was worried with some akward backs with alleys for access might not reach but sound like it wont be a problem, Did your custys take to the switch ok+ Do you use hot water if so is the normal hose suitable doesnt split ect? Thanks for the reply.

I've got a Grippatank cold system and it's run absolutely fine. I also bought a gardiner back pack and it remains unused,I just don't need it, I'll have to stick it on fleabay.
Regarding customer retention, I also tied it in with my March biannual increase, at first I was going to delay the increase, but I thought sod it start as you mean to go on.
I'm glad I did I lost about 5 in total and 2 were because of the increase, the others were flat earthers and couldn't be convinced.
Overall I lost 1% out of 300 customers. It does help if you've had the customers for years as they'll trust you more.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back