Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
slippy

Pressure wash or hypo for these?

There are small cobble things and patio stones.  The patio slabs have grass right butt up to them so would need protecting if hypo was used. 

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

Edited by slippy

I never worry too much about the grass

I spray as carefully as possible near the edges or not quite to the edge as you would brush it in anyway to ensure even coverage and get it to the edges that way but if any turns white it will grow back in a few days

Just wet it first if you are worried

Edited by Dave B

Is it not bad to pressure wash as it breaks the grouting?  In first photo is that block paving?  Worry all the sand would get blasted out and hypo would do a better job.   What u think. Its in an enclosed area as well so no plants

I sprayed the top photo with hypo mixed with water  6 to 1 at a guess then rinsed and no difference.  is that cos dirt isn't organic?

Ok.  Is the brushing important with hypo or ubik? I just sprayed on then rinsed.  I have chemtek's TFR, I guess that's the same as ubik.

2 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

what about using a weak solution of ubik when spraying top section and brush. then hosedown to see if any difference. one can try a small patch first to get an idea how it will look?

I dont think ubick tfr etc will be much use on that hypo or Biocidal treatment is the only way to Kill  that 

6 hours ago, slippy said:

Ok.  Is the brushing important with hypo or ubik? I just sprayed on then rinsed.  I have chemtek's TFR, I guess that's the same as ubik.

ubik is a very different animal to tfr slippy,honestly mate,please do some more research into cleaning hard surfaces otherwise if you carry on you'll come unstuck big time-with a big bill to boot,this softwashing marlarky needs a lot of homework to understand what to use where and when and on what time scale in some instances,

On 2/28/2018 at 10:29, slippy said:

I sprayed the top photo with hypo mixed with water  6 to 1 at a guess then rinsed and no difference.  is that cos dirt isn't organic?

no it's cos mix too weak...and technically soil can be organic and inorganic depending what it's made of.

But I also strongly agree with Kevin. Everyone should do their own research into soft washing a get a good understanding of what it's all about, what chemicals to use and when etc.

Don't rely on forum answers otherwise you won't develop your own understanding and a casual attitude can damage property, kill grass,plants,bushes even trees stone dead.