Jump to content
Clisty1989

And so it begins...

Recommended Posts

Clisty1989

Silly season has arrived early this year for me, in the last 24 hours I have picked up...

6 gutter cleans

2 Conny roofs

To top it all off I also picked up 4 softwashing jobs, 1st year doing them, done my own and a few smaller jobs but these are full houses from gutters down! Charging hourly rate of £35ph + cost of chems.

I'm gonna be busy:delusional:

Share this post


Link to post
Tuffers
1 hour ago, Clisty1989 said:

Silly season has arrived early this year for me, in the last 24 hours I have picked up...

6 gutter cleans

2 Conny roofs

To top it all off I also picked up 4 softwashing jobs, 1st year doing them, done my own and a few smaller jobs but these are full houses from gutters down! Charging hourly rate of £35ph + cost of chems.

I'm gonna be busy:delusional:

 

Charge more if you're flat out. Don't be a busy fool 👍

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, Clisty1989 said:

Silly season has arrived early this year for me, in the last 24 hours I have picked up...

6 gutter cleans

2 Conny roofs

To top it all off I also picked up 4 softwashing jobs, 1st year doing them, done my own and a few smaller jobs but these are full houses from gutters down! Charging hourly rate of £35ph + cost of chems.

I'm gonna be busy:delusional:

can you fill us newbies in on softwashing jobs? cheers m

Share this post


Link to post
Clisty1989
19 minutes ago, Tuffers said:

 

Charge more if you're flat out. Don't be a busy fool 👍

Got softwashing jobs 1st, all other work 25% overpriced, if it carrys on then I'll add 50% instead

Share this post


Link to post
Clisty1989
1 minute ago, scottish cleaning service said:

can you fill us newbies in on softwashing jobs? cheers m

There's a whole section on here, but basically cleaning brickwork, render, patios etc with chems instead of a pressure washer. The chem are nasty and dangerous if used incorrectly, so if you wanna look into doing it, do your homework. @Green Pro Clean Ltd has done a few threads on how dangerous and hazardous these jobs can be

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
4 minutes ago, Clisty1989 said:

There's a whole section on here, but basically cleaning brickwork, render, patios etc with chems instead of a pressure washer. The chem are nasty and dangerous if used incorrectly, so if you wanna look into doing it, do your homework. @Green Pro Clean Ltd has done a few threads on how dangerous and hazardous these jobs can be

I see, like using brick acid to remove the white efflorescence in the mortar joints.

Share this post


Link to post
Green Pro Clean Ltd
18 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I see, like using brick acid to remove the white efflorescence in the mortar joints.

Kind of, softwashing is using the least aggressive method possible to get the job done. 

Share this post


Link to post
chris clean
1 hour ago, Clisty1989 said:

Silly season has arrived early this year for me, in the last 24 hours I have picked up...

6 gutter cleans

2 Conny roofs

To top it all off I also picked up 4 softwashing jobs, 1st year doing them, done my own and a few smaller jobs but these are full houses from gutters down! Charging hourly rate of £35ph + cost of chems.

I'm gonna be busy:delusional:

 

Same here mate been crazy busy with new customers these last few weeks and this torrential rain we have had this week on South coast is meaning loads of calls for gutter clearance. Ive upped my costs again for this type of work but still getting the jobs. Not complaining mind it's great but I'm struggling to keep Up. 

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

what's the typical price to clean a normal conservatory roof? I charged £100 but I had to

seal bits with silicon. Thx m

Share this post


Link to post
chris clean
5 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

what's the typical price to clean a normal conservatory roof? I charged £100 but I had to

seal bits with silicon. Thx m

For me mate it totally depends on the individual conservatory. Some go by how many panels a Connie has etc but I just go have a look work out how long it will take and price it up. Done little lean too types over a door for a tenner when doing the other stuff on house up to 200 for a massive one. Just depends how long it takes 

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood

I’m not doing anything that takes over half a day as I only have time to do add on’s on a Saturday and I only intend doing two Saturdays a month at the most.

Got a fellow windie who will take the bigger jobs off me. I won’t earn a lot out of him, but rather that than work all day on a Saturday. Pub time. Have a good weekend lads/lassies 🍺🍺👍

Share this post


Link to post
Incheck
I’m not doing anything that takes over half a day as I only have time to do add on’s on a Saturday and I only intend doing two Saturdays a month at the most.

Got a fellow windie who will take the bigger jobs off me. I won’t earn a lot out of him, but rather that than work all day on a Saturday. Pub time. Have a good weekend lads/lassies [emoji481][emoji481][emoji106]

I packed in saturdays altogether mate. One couple decided to cancel and go to watch the rugby & another lady wanted to “rearrange” as she booked a weekend away last minute. That was it for me, no more saturdays! Best thing i ever did too, family time is everything. and it gives your body the rest that it deserves

 

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Clisty1989
16 minutes ago, Incheck said:

I packed in saturdays altogether mate. One couple decided to cancel and go to watch the rugby & another lady wanted to “rearrange” as she booked a weekend away last minute. That was it for me, no more saturdays! Best thing i ever did too, family time is everything. and it gives your body the rest that it deserves

 

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm 6 days a week, 8/9-1230/1 with the father in law, then I'll go do my work & add-ons after that (he only helps on bigger jobs or ones where there's awkward ladder work). Any big jobs I see as Sunday jobs, so I add 50% before I even quote. Luckily only get 1 or 2 big jobs a month. Hoping to get my father in law to reshuffle his work so I get Saturday off, and then I'll do big jobs then. Working 7 days a week doesn't bother me, as long as it's not all the time. Need the work ATM, as gonna need a van and upgrade a lot of my tools soon, so any add-ons go in that pot.

Edited by Clisty1989

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

I like working a Saturday because all my customers seem to be in and have a chat with them and get the money. Only thing is, it takes longer talking to them all.

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
7 hours ago, Clisty1989 said:

I'm 6 days a week, 8/9-1230/1 with the father in law, then I'll go do my work & add-ons after that (he only helps on bigger jobs or ones where there's awkward ladder work). Any big jobs I see as Sunday jobs, so I add 50% before I even quote. Luckily only get 1 or 2 big jobs a month. Hoping to get my father in law to reshuffle his work so I get Saturday off, and then I'll do big jobs then. Working 7 days a week doesn't bother me, as long as it's not all the time. Need the work ATM, as gonna need a van and upgrade a lot of my tools soon, so any add-ons go in that pot.

Sorry mate, bit pis*ed, but Saturdays and Sundays? Don’t you have a social life?

Nobody will ever, ever look back on their life and say, I wish I’d worked more hours.

One life, one innings, no rehearsals, this is it! Embrace every second!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant

@Clisty1989 fair play to you for grafting hard, I am moving towards just doing windows and having fairly easy with just windows as elbows keep playing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
8 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Sorry mate, bit pis*ed, but Saturdays and Sundays? Don’t you have a social life?

Nobody will ever, ever look back on their life and say, I wish I’d worked more hours.

One life, one innings, no rehearsals, this is it! Embrace every second!!!!!

It is much easier to have this life style once you're established. If you have a young family and looking to buy a house then working every hour God sends is a  necessity not a choice. Some people once established still work all hours, as this is what they enjoy. Personally I'm with you but not all folk enjoy drinking on weekends. 

Edited by Part Timer

Share this post


Link to post
dmw

I did just over 28 hours on the glass this week, as I've said now I've gone Wfp it saves me 2 hours a day, so this is like part time to me and I'm not missing any work, the main difference is it's been pretty windy here this week and I wouldn't have used the ladder much.
I can normally do Monday-Thursday, now springs on its way I'll start getting asked to do frame cleans, conny roofs etc, so I'll do Fridays for add ons.
I don't like working Saturdays and haven't done one for a year, it steals your weekend and before you know it it's Monday.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Incheck

With saturdays i found that i was constantly tired, and stressed, struggled to get out of bed every day. lack of time to get jobs done at home or spend time with the family, and when the end of the month paperwork arrived ooohh man it was never ending. One week just rolled in to the next. It made me inefficient “that uugghh i know ive got saturday to get that job done so ill finish early today” i tended to drag things out more. A shorter, more intense week has made no difference to income, cramming more in monday - friday, actually making slightly more than over 6 days. and i know i’ve got the weekend to look forward to. An old boss of mine once said “if you’ve got to work saturdays, you’re not charging enough during the week” i wish i’d taken his words on board sooner. I See where he’s coming from now. It is possible to work yourself in to an early grave and theres no fun in that.


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
7 hours ago, Part Timer said:

It is much easier to have this life style once you're established. If you have a young family and looking to buy a house then working every hour God sends is a  necessity not a choice. Some people once established still work all hours, as this is what they enjoy. Personally I'm with you but not all folk enjoy drinking on weekends. 

If working weekends is a nessesity to pay bills, totally understandable.

If however they are working weekends as that’s all they’ve got to ‘enjoy’, I hope I never meet them as they must be right boring b*stards. Pub time 🍺😝

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.