Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

And so it begins...

Clisty1989

Silly season has arrived early this year for me, in the last 24 hours I have picked up...

6 gutter cleans

2 Conny roofs

To top it all off I also picked up 4 softwashing jobs, 1st year doing them, done my own and a few smaller jobs but these are full houses from gutters down! Charging hourly rate of £35ph + cost of chems.

I'm gonna be busy :delusional:

Silly season has arrived early this year for me, in the last 24 hours I have picked up...

6 gutter cleans

2 Conny roofs

To top it all off I also picked up 4 softwashing jobs, 1st year doing them, done my own and a few smaller jobs but these are full houses from gutters down! Charging hourly rate of £35ph + cost of chems.

Charge more if you're flat out. Don't be a busy fool ?

6 gutter cleans

2 Conny roofs

can you fill us newbies in on softwashing jobs? cheers m

can you fill us newbies in on softwashing jobs? cheers m
There's a whole section on here, but basically cleaning brickwork, render, patios etc with chems instead of a pressure washer. The chem are nasty and dangerous if used incorrectly, so if you wanna look into doing it, do your homework. @Green Pro Clean Ltd has done a few threads on how dangerous and hazardous these jobs can be

There's a whole section on here, but basically cleaning brickwork, render, patios etc with chems instead of a pressure washer. The chem are nasty and dangerous if used incorrectly, so if you wanna look into doing it, do your homework. @Green Pro Clean Ltd has done a few threads on how dangerous and hazardous these jobs can be
I see, like using brick acid to remove the white efflorescence in the mortar joints.

6 gutter cleans

2 Conny roofs

Same here mate been crazy busy with new customers these last few weeks and this torrential rain we have had this week on South coast is meaning loads of calls for gutter clearance. Ive upped my costs again for this type of work but still getting the jobs. Not complaining mind it's great but I'm struggling to keep Up. 

what's the typical price to clean a normal conservatory roof? I charged £100 but I had to

seal bits with silicon. Thx m
For me mate it totally depends on the individual conservatory. Some go by how many panels a Connie has etc but I just go have a look work out how long it will take and price it up. Done little lean too types over a door for a tenner when doing the other stuff on house up to 200 for a massive one. Just depends how long it takes 

I’m not doing anything that takes over half a day as I only have time to do add on’s on a Saturday and I only intend doing two Saturdays a month at the most.

Got a fellow windie who will take the bigger jobs off me. I won’t earn a lot out of him, but rather that than work all day on a Saturday. Pub time. Have a good weekend lads/lassies ???

I’m not doing anything that takes over half a day as I only have time to do add on’s on a Saturday and I only intend doing two Saturdays a month at the most.Got a fellow windie who will take the bigger jobs off me. I won’t earn a lot out of him, but rather that than work all day on a Saturday. Pub time. Have a good weekend lads/lassies [emoji481][emoji481][emoji106]
I packed in saturdays altogether mate. One couple decided to cancel and go to watch the rugby & another lady wanted to “rearrange” as she booked a weekend away last minute. That was it for me, no more saturdays! Best thing i ever did too, family time is everything. and it gives your body the rest that it deserves

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I packed in saturdays altogether mate. One couple decided to cancel and go to watch the rugby & another lady wanted to “rearrange” as she booked a weekend away last minute. That was it for me, no more saturdays! Best thing i ever did too, family time is everything. and it gives your body the rest that it deserves

I'm 6 days a week, 8/9-1230/1 with the father in law, then I'll go do my work & add-ons after that (he only helps on bigger jobs or ones where there's awkward ladder work). Any big jobs I see as Sunday jobs, so I add 50% before I even quote. Luckily only get 1 or 2 big jobs a month. Hoping to get my father in law to reshuffle his work so I get Saturday off, and then I'll do big jobs then. Working 7 days a week doesn't bother me, as long as it's not all the time. Need the work ATM, as gonna need a van and upgrade a lot of my tools soon, so any add-ons go in that pot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 6 days a week, 8/9-1230/1 with the father in law, then I'll go do my work & add-ons after that (he only helps on bigger jobs or ones where there's awkward ladder work). Any big jobs I see as Sunday jobs, so I add 50% before I even quote. Luckily only get 1 or 2 big jobs a month. Hoping to get my father in law to reshuffle his work so I get Saturday off, and then I'll do big jobs then. Working 7 days a week doesn't bother me, as long as it's not all the time. Need the work ATM, as gonna need a van and upgrade a lot of my tools soon, so any add-ons go in that pot.
Sorry mate, bit pis*ed, but Saturdays and Sundays? Don’t you have a social life?

Nobody will ever, ever look back on their life and say, I wish I’d worked more hours.

One life, one innings, no rehearsals, this is it! Embrace every second!!!!!

Sorry mate, bit pis*ed, but Saturdays and Sundays? Don’t you have a social life?

Nobody will ever, ever look back on their life and say, I wish I’d worked more hours.

One life, one innings, no rehearsals, this is it! Embrace every second!!!!!
It is much easier to have this life style once you're established. If you have a young family and looking to buy a house then working every hour God sends is a  necessity not a choice. Some people once established still work all hours, as this is what they enjoy. Personally I'm with you but not all folk enjoy drinking on weekends. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I did just over 28 hours on the glass this week, as I've said now I've gone Wfp it saves me 2 hours a day, so this is like part time to me and I'm not missing any work, the main difference is it's been pretty windy here this week and I wouldn't have used the ladder much.
I can normally do Monday-Thursday, now springs on its way I'll start getting asked to do frame cleans, conny roofs etc, so I'll do Fridays for add ons.
I don't like working Saturdays and haven't done one for a year, it steals your weekend and before you know it it's Monday.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

With saturdays i found that i was constantly tired, and stressed, struggled to get out of bed every day. lack of time to get jobs done at home or spend time with the family, and when the end of the month paperwork arrived ooohh man it was never ending. One week just rolled in to the next. It made me inefficient “that uugghh i know ive got saturday to get that job done so ill finish early today” i tended to drag things out more. A shorter, more intense week has made no difference to income, cramming more in monday - friday, actually making slightly more than over 6 days. and i know i’ve got the weekend to look forward to. An old boss of mine once said “if you’ve got to work saturdays, you’re not charging enough during the week” i wish i’d taken his words on board sooner. I See where he’s coming from now. It is possible to work yourself in to an early grave and theres no fun in that.

It is much easier to have this life style once you're established. If you have a young family and looking to buy a house then working every hour God sends is a  necessity not a choice. Some people once established still work all hours, as this is what they enjoy. Personally I'm with you but not all folk enjoy drinking on weekends. 
If working weekends is a nessesity to pay bills, totally understandable.

If however they are working weekends as that’s all they’ve got to ‘enjoy’, I hope I never meet them as they must be right boring b*stards. Pub time ??

Back