Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY van system install

Google 'How to set a wfp system' - you'll find plenty of videos. I also found Pure Freedom's 'phone advice helpful when I set up my own DIY van mount, they provided the wydale tank & fixings and I used a metal Claber hosereel (which was cheaper than Pure Freedom ones).

http://purefreedom.co.uk have full diy systems worth a look as you get all the components including a ro, But depends on your water tds as to exactly what you need to make pure I would ring them up on. 

A lad local to me didn't have a clue about ro's or tds he asked if a cheap ro of ebay with tiny ro membranes would bring the tds down below 70ppm, the water in our area has a lower reading than 70ppm 

Hi all,

can anybody point me towards a forum link for step by step building your own wfp van mount, with all bits and bobs listed? cheers 
No but I'm doing mine at the moment.

Water production at home with 2 x filters and RO.

Will be pumping product to van

where the DI vessel will do the final polish.

Nearly everything bought from gardiners so far.

I'm hoping to keep costs at minimum this way.

If you want details and photos let me know and I will do the needful.

No but I'm doing mine at the moment.

Water production at home with 2 x filters and RO.

Will be pumping product to van

where the DI vessel will do the final polish.

Nearly everything bought from gardiners so far.

I'm hoping to keep costs at minimum this way.

If you want details and photos let me know and I will do the needful.
That would be great cheers 

Okay CL I'll take photo's this weekend of the water production and van set up so far. I think I've spent under 2k so far excluding the van. The only big expense left will be my water tank cage for the van.

spent about £2600 so far at gardiners.

waiting tank cage quote. No scoobie on that or the powder coating it'll need.

£64 clarkes pump

£40 quid plus fuel to get second hand IBC...might be a mistake.might have to buy new one.

£60 for a fibreglass kit

will be £150 for a heater.

eventually a waterworks electric reel. £500?

Don't have a pump flow controller. Fitted 1/4" john guest valve to pole head. Then tweaked the pump up from the gardiner supplied 80 psi to where the pump stopped hunting at low pressure for working on leaky front doors.

Back