Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Spots and Streaks

Gleam123

Got my system set up now and did a practice run on my own house,

The conservatory looks good but a few windows seem to be having spots and streaks left on them from the water, now the water is coming out of the brush at 0ppm and on occasion 0.1.

Surely this should still not be happening, any ideas?

Most likely less to do with water and more to do with technique. I found that often especially on my windows after water would still seap out from frames and dribble down window leaving these marks. If I do my frames now I make sure I rinse them really well then wait for a little while for them to stop dripping then do windows. For my windows I need to leave to frames to dry for longer than most. Usualy on. others I will do all frames then go back to fisrt window I did by this time it should be dry enough to now do window. Also vents and the little windows that open at the top of a window are a ***htmare for causing this. Lots and lots of rinsing.

Ahh right thanks mate,

What ive been doing is doing the the frames first starting at the top then doing the glass then onto the next one.

The guy that used to do my house never did the frames or sills and this is the first time they've had a rinse and clean so more than likely this is the problem.

Guest colinvansmith

Defo your technique not the water i had the same thing, try and avoid vents on windows as they are nearly impossible to get all the dirt out of and will then drip for ages leaving marks, If you are doing windows with hoppers above them or windows where you have another directly under it i find if i wash the top of the frame for the first window then rinse, wash the window and bottom of frame and top of frame for window directly below then rinse then wash glass and bottom of frame for second window.

If its a single pain of glass wash the top of the frame then rinse them wash the window and side and bottom frames then rinse, i find using this technique does the trick.

If its a first clean turn your flow up a bit, takes a while but eventually you kinda get to know how long to rinse for, the secret is rinse,rinse and rinse

Col ;)

Sometimes on patio doors & full height conservatory panels I scrub the top half, then rinse it, then scrub the lower half and rinse. I know it shouldn't make any difference, but I had a few problem windows & it really helped.

Dave

You will soon get it. When I started I got a few spotting issues. You eventually get used to and develop your own way of dealing with these issues. I now tend to do frames then glass on same window but if really dirty will do what I said earlier. It is all about the rinsing though.

Guest window washer

As the other say avoid vents at all costs as you will be there all day!!!

If unsure rinse, rinse, then rinse again until you have eyour personal technique. As long as you rinse well you should e okay. You get to know when you clean a house how to clean dependant on type of frame, how dirty, vents etc.

Practice on your neighbours and friends for free, they won't mind and it will help you.

I actually called a slightly out of area window cleaner and he allowed me to come out with his boys for the day. This made a massive difference.

be careful who you ask though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With spotting and streaks it is down to technique.I still get it now and again on the odd window.Double openers above a single window are main culprit,clean the two openers first and come back to the lower big window.drips off first floor windows can cause problems on lower windows,wipe the sill above with the brush water off will help.Most first cleans will have soap residue on the glass and this can cause spotting and streaks.After a few months you will develop your technique and the teething problems will iron out.A mono-filament brush (white bristles) may help,try to avoid flock brushes for the time being as these can hold the dirt.

think it was on here somewhere that i read that the years of window cleaning with soapy water can build up a residue??? this can leave streaks to begin with??? FHope so as this is what ive been telling custies for when i change over!!!!LOL but have stressed to stick with it and the first clean will be free

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.