Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spots and Streaks

Gleam123

Got my system set up now and did a practice run on my own house,

The conservatory looks good but a few windows seem to be having spots and streaks left on them from the water, now the water is coming out of the brush at 0ppm and on occasion 0.1.

Surely this should still not be happening, any ideas?

Most likely less to do with water and more to do with technique. I found that often especially on my windows after water would still seap out from frames and dribble down window leaving these marks. If I do my frames now I make sure I rinse them really well then wait for a little while for them to stop dripping then do windows. For my windows I need to leave to frames to dry for longer than most. Usualy on. others I will do all frames then go back to fisrt window I did by this time it should be dry enough to now do window. Also vents and the little windows that open at the top of a window are a ***htmare for causing this. Lots and lots of rinsing.

Ahh right thanks mate,

What ive been doing is doing the the frames first starting at the top then doing the glass then onto the next one.

The guy that used to do my house never did the frames or sills and this is the first time they've had a rinse and clean so more than likely this is the problem.

Sometimes on patio doors & full height conservatory panels I scrub the top half, then rinse it, then scrub the lower half and rinse. I know it shouldn't make any difference, but I had a few problem windows & it really helped.

Dave

You will soon get it. When I started I got a few spotting issues. You eventually get used to and develop your own way of dealing with these issues. I now tend to do frames then glass on same window but if really dirty will do what I said earlier. It is all about the rinsing though.

With spotting and streaks it is down to technique.I still get it now and again on the odd window.Double openers above a single window are main culprit,clean the two openers first and come back to the lower big window.drips off first floor windows can cause problems on lower windows,wipe the sill above with the brush water off will help.Most first cleans will have soap residue on the glass and this can cause spotting and streaks.After a few months you will develop your technique and the teething problems will iron out.A mono-filament brush (white bristles) may help,try to avoid flock brushes for the time being as these can hold the dirt.

Back