Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Virosol through backpack?

Carts69

Hi, can virosol safely be put in a gardiners backpack or is this a no no? (Diluted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes no problem at all I keep a virosol mix in mine all the time and have done for over 2 years without any problems but guess it would void the warranty 

Yes no problem at all I keep a virosol mix in mine all the time and have done for over 2 years without any problems but guess it would void the warranty 

Thanks pjj, no doubt it would but based on your experience with it.. thats answered  my question & I shall do the same, thanks ?

Just rinse through with pure after, just to make sure it doesn't damage anything by overexposure. 
I keep a mix in it so it’s ready to go all the time , we regularly put hypo through it to I do flush it out after that but virosol at 10-1 mix doesn’t seam to affect it I have 2 and both are 2 years old and are treated like this without any problems I do accept that it will void the warranty but don’t care about that as one job and it’s paid for it’s self so if I had to replace it each year it’s still a cheap way of applying chemicals 

i had a sure flow back pack years ago that lasted 8 years using it like this but couldn’t get another one so bought the Gardiners one sureflow was a better product but 3x the price don’t think they make them any more ? 

I keep a mix in it so it’s ready to go all the time , we regularly put hypo through it to I do flush it out after that but virosol at 10-1 mix doesn’t seam to affect it I have 2 and both are 2 years old and are treated like this without any problems I do accept that it will void the warranty but don’t care about that as one job and it’s paid for it’s self so if I had to replace it each year it’s still a cheap way of applying chemicals 
Valid point, but I always do it to be on the safe side, just in case.

I have a mix in one permanently, why would it void a warranty they're designed for crop spraying not wfp they're not Gardiner Backpacks either they are made by a Chinese Company called Kobold Gardiners just sell them and they actually pay about £30 each for them.

I have a mix in one permanently, why would it void a warranty they're designed for crop spraying not wfp they're not Gardiner Backpacks either they are made by a Chinese Company called Kobold Gardiners just sell them and they actually pay about £30 each for them.

A lot of cleaning chemicals are actually fine for use in the backpack, but once used it creates an issue for any returns or warranty inspections.

Once an unidentified chemical has been used in a backpack our couriers (FedEx - most others also have the same rules) will no longer transport these backpacks due to the potential  hazard that an unidentified chemical could pose in transit.

Also once the unit has arrived back and needs to be worked on with an unidentified chemical in it, it can cause a H&S issue for the staff member stripping it down.

We will of course try to resolve any issues remotely if used with chemicals, but it does restrict us somewhat.

In general use as long as the chemical is not caustic or acidic in nature then it is usually fine for use and even storage within the backpack. However we cannot guarantee this.

Many people believe that we source these from a firm called Kobold - as you may have noticed when searching you will not find our backpack as an off the shelf item from Kobold or any other manufacturer.

As to what we pay for these units - of course we make a profit on selling them - It would be strange if we sold an item that did not have a profit margin in it for us :1f609:

Does that mean you can use ubik and other chemicals with a trolley system meaning if diluted into a 25ltr barrel and then pump it through your trolley system etc...?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Does that mean you can use ubik and other chemicals with a trolley system meaning if diluted into a 25ltr barrel and then pump it through your trolley system etc...?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Yesbut if you are going to use it for pure water it will need a thorough clean before doing windows with it 

Back