Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum to charge.

Cameronmalson1985

Hello everyone. 

Just a quick one. Do people have a minimum they charge for window cleaning. Is there a set amount you charge if the house is small. Hope you all get what I mean lol ?

Here I am bare min 8 quid and that's now for a ground flat tiny like. Ten quid for most things suits me, apart from something that will take over 15 mins. Hope that helps

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Whatever minimum rate you decide, try and make it go further than just putting money in your pocket. try and allow for profit. You’re self employed and wont be able to do this forever, so anything thats left over either goes towards a pension or employing somebody to help you out when you want to “calm it down”

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Depends on your prices I guess.

I won't stop for less than £12 - by the time I've driven to a job, got the hoses and poles out and completed the clean it's always 15mins of my time regardless of whether it's a 1 or 2 bed.  And if it's even further to a job it needs to pay 30mins/£20-25 for the round trip.

For gutters it's a minimum charge of £40 for same reasons above.

You can only put a price on your time though, so depends what your earning expectations are.

No minimum price for me. I have some pensioners bungalows at a fiver a go but have 8 all within walking distance. Can be done in less than an hour. I have a shop that's £2 a week but the window is about a metre square and takes 30 seconds, and it's next door to another shop I clean. 

same here no particular minimum I do some 5 window new two bedroom starters for £6.50 but got four of them in a row they take 40mins the lot and I knock a 4 bed twelve pounder off in the spare 20 mins work out the hourly I'm laughing I'm off the estate ton up in four hrs....price your panes £1 a sheet plus a bit for negotiation usually works....you will get faster as they get clean and you get better at it ?

£6 is the cheapest i will go .i have 8 smallish houses on one street at £6each but going for a price rise in spring to 7 or £8 so there in line price wise with the rest of the area so may lose a couple on that street .

I have a minimum hourly rate instead.

It means more scope for work, all my work is within a 5 mile radius so nothing is out the way really.

I do have it all set out well though and if a customer misses for any reason, they have to wait till next time. Even if it's on my estate.

I have a minimum of £5.00 but I won't take on work unless it's within a short walking distance of other compact work like a few doors down or so.

my minimum is a fiver but I'm in Scotland and they are my neighbours. £8 seems about right, once a month for 5 windows. There is guys who charge £4 for 1 bed 4 window flat but I think they will soon be a fiver. Time one pays for resin and van costs it will soon be a tenner minimum. cheers m

£8 for a terraced 4 windows 2 doors.

Only a handfull of those though, generally it's £10 upwards unless it's a front which are usually £6-£8 

Don’t be fooled by wot people say they are charging for this or that if you want to get the work go for a £1 a window and you will get Most jobs you price, a average council house 5windows 1frosted 2doors £8 if patios doors in the back £10 if small conny extra £5 when you go to the bigger private houses £1.50 to £2 a window theses kind of clients will have good jobs so more money to spend AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS HOW YOU COME ACROSS TO YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS when you first go to quote the work speak to them gain thrre trust or confidence  and you will get the job  

Don’t be fooled by wot people say they are charging for this or that if you want to get the work go for a £1 a window and you will get Most jobs you price, a average council house 5windows 1frosted 2doors £8 if patios doors in the back £10 if small conny extra £5 when you go to the bigger private houses £1.50 to £2 a window theses kind of clients will have good jobs so more money to spend AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS HOW YOU COME ACROSS TO YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS when you first go to quote the work speak to them gain thrre trust or confidence  and you will get the job  
Sounds good, never undersell oneself but if one is trying to gain a foothold in a new estate then one needs to be reasonable first, then increase in time.

Their is a few variables to consider were your based in the UK down south no issue with a £1 or window try that up north you would get many jobs.

Adams prices are higher because he has single and low numbers of houses dotted around so has to consider travel times etc

Their is a few variables to consider were your based in the UK down south no issue with a £1 or window try that up north you would get many jobs.

Adams prices are higher because he has single and low numbers of houses dotted around so has to consider travel times etc

Meant to say wouldn't get many jobs

Latest Posts

Back