Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I have a ps or p5 alert on my water genie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not sure what you mean by resetting controller. A airlock is a airlock if you have ran your tank to near enough empty the previous day then air will get into the hose.

I living in a area were their is a few hills sloping streets and can get airlocks through the day so I close the non return valve/tap on tank outlet whilst driving from one set of jobs to the next.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We have a trolley with this error currently. We've tried the pump to 99 error and it just sits there. Occasionally it will then run for say 30 seconds then stop again. Then you might get a few mins, and it'll stop again. Not sure what else we can do? Tried the auto cal button on the controller and it set it to 34. When speaking to pure freedom they said this was likely to low but never called back to confirm[emoji848]

The next thing to check is if you have jubilee clips on hose these can loosen overtime and need nipping up a little as air will be been drawn into pump causing ps reading then flush out air as above.

Ps can be caused by a blockage anywhere in the system

Air lock

Loose wire 

Blocked outlet on tank 

Etc

Need to check everything

We have a trolley with this error currently. We've tried the pump to 99 error and it just sits there. Occasionally it will then run for say 30 seconds then stop again. Then you might get a few mins, and it'll stop again. Not sure what else we can do? Tried the auto cal button on the controller and it set it to 34. When speaking to pure freedom they said this was likely to low but never called back to confirm
emoji848.png

I would push it up to 50 manually and see if that makes a difference.

Spring controllers work in the same way as our Varistream controllers do. They have 2 separate functions.

The first screen is to adjust the speed the motor turns at which reduces or increases flow through the jets.

The second function is the calibration function. By setting this you are telling the controller at what pressure to switch the pump off. Now controllers do not have inbuilt pressure switches so you are telling the controller at what current draw to switch the pump off which translates into pressure. The higher you want the pressure the harder your pump has to work to achieve that pressure and in doing so uses more energy (amps.) (Our Shurflo pumps draw about 2 amps when we run the water freely at our normal flow settings. If we connect the hose reel up with the pole, the pump draws 4.5 amps from the battery through the controller. But if I have my controller set to switch off at 4 amps then the pump will just end up switching on and off.)

So by raising the calibration from 34 to 50 you are telling the controller to let the pump pump water to a little higher pressure than it was at 34.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you mean by resetting controller. A airlock is a airlock if you have ran your tank to near enough empty the previous day then air will get into the hose.

I living in a area were their is a few hills sloping streets and can get airlocks through the day so I close the non return valve/tap on tank outlet whilst driving from one set of jobs to the next.

Thanks for all the advice, the problem is sorted now, but I don't know why, what I meant by reset. Was, I had disconnected all and sucked pipe etc, turned pump up full and it wouldn't kick in, was still burbling not pumping, it disconnect pump box to exchange for my trolley and as I'm carrying it away it started up and problems had gone??? Ha ha puzzling lol thanks again all 

I would push it up to 50 manually and see if that makes a difference.

Spring controllers work in the same way as our Varistream controllers do. They have 2 separate functions.

The first screen is to adjust the speed the motor turns at which reduces or increases flow through the jets.

The second function is the calibration function. By setting this you are telling the controller at what pressure to switch the pump off. Now controllers do not have inbuilt pressure switches so you are telling the controller at what current draw to switch the pump off which translates into pressure. The higher you want the pressure the harder your pump has to work to achieve that pressure and in doing so uses more energy (amps.) (Our Shurflo pumps draw about 2 amps when we run the water freely at our normal flow settings. If we connect the hose reel up with the pole, the pump draws 4.5 amps from the battery through the controller. But if I have my controller set to switch off at 4 amps then the pump will just end up switching on and off.)

So by raising the calibration from 34 to 50 you are telling the controller to let the pump pump water to a little higher pressure than it was at 34.
Yeah I agree mine runs best at 50 and up. 

Thanks for all the advice, the problem is sorted now, but I don't know why, what I meant by reset. Was, I had disconnected all and sucked pipe etc, turned pump up full and it wouldn't kick in, was still burbling not pumping, it disconnect pump box to exchange for my trolley and as I'm carrying it away it started up and problems had gone??? Ha ha puzzling lol thanks again all 
Pump boxes can be pain at times I have my inlet and outlet pointing skywards so box is on its side if you like, Then if pumps has ran dry then I just just pour water straight into the pump through inlet, will I say water usually apple and blackcurrant dilute [emoji23]

Back