Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter cam cheaper

I have ordered one but it's not in stock, supposedly I should get it Tuesday. (Website said in-stock)

So I hope it's not going to be one of those companies I'm going to have to chase.... 

I think that's just for the camera.

I found the set camera and DVR on alibaba  for 157 dollars for 1 unit.

But don't forget there will be import tax and shipping on top.

If you bought lots the price gets cheaper.
I posted the wrong link, at the bottom there is a picture of camera and screen. I asked for a quote for 1 and it was §134 + 40 for shipping and 7 for PayPal fee which they reckoned came to §171. If you get caught then 20% on top takes it to about §220 or roughly £160. I would have thought the one you're getting is from the Chinese but your people have bought a few hundred and got them at half the price. My current camera and screen came from Hong Kong about 3 years ago and I don't think will last much longer. 

I have a Wi-fi sports camera (go pro copy) from amazon, cost £30 and comes with a tripod mount which is just an M6 captive nut. So all you need to do is put an M6 bolt on your end tool, get a bike phone mount to attach your phone to the gutter pole, screw the mount onto the M6 bolt and connect your camera to the phone via Wi-fi. You don’t need to be in a Wi-fi zone, all it means is that the camera emits a Wi-fi signal to allow your phone to connect. Job done for less than £50.

I have a Wi-fi sports camera (go pro copy) from amazon, cost £30 and comes with a tripod mount which is just an M6 captive nut. So all you need to do is put an M6 bolt on your end tool, get a bike phone mount to attach your phone to the gutter pole, screw the mount onto the M6 bolt and connect your camera to the phone via Wi-fi. You don’t need to be in a Wi-fi zone, all it means is that the camera emits a Wi-fi signal to allow your phone to connect. Job done for less than £50.
I tried that but could not get it to work with phone.

Mine works fine, you need a separate app to connect to it though, turn the Wi-fi on the camera, go to your Wi-fi settings and connect to the camera, open the app and it should work.

Mine works fine, you need a separate app to connect to it though, turn the Wi-fi on the camera, go to your Wi-fi settings and connect to the camera, open the app and it should work.
yeah I know I think it didn't work coz I had the latest version of Android at the time and the app hadn't been updated 

I strapped my phone to the end of the pole the other day ? Set to record and did the trick. Thinking of FaceTiming myself if I need live footage. Should probably stop being a tight*rse. 

IMG_6169.PNG

Moor which bike phone holder you buy as is got one but the clip was not big enough to go round the pole ?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use this one with the stem curled up, wobbles a bit but does the job

Cell Phone Holder, Lonzoth Universal Phone Holder Clip Lazy Bracket Flexible Gooseneck Clamp Long Arms Mount for iPhone 6 plus/6/5s/SE/5/4S/4, GPS Devices, Fit On Desktop Bed Mobile Stand for Bedroom, Office, Bathroom, Kitchen, etc(FOR PHONE|BLACK) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074GQ4XZR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HMDKAb89SKKR6

I will likely go for this one and see how it goes, if it doesn’t fit I will return it. The joys of using amazon

Bike Phone Holder, Fnova Silicone Adjustable Bicycle Mount Cell Phone Holder, Universal Cradle for Any Smartphone with 4-6 Inch Screens and All Bicycle Handlebars, Attach and Detach Whole Mount in Seconds (Red) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07786135M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IRtKAbH7RYR6M

I strapped my phone to the end of the pole the other day ? Set to record and did the trick. Thinking of FaceTiming myself if I need live footage. Should probably stop being a tight*rse. 

View attachment 12797

A Wi-fi sports camera will give live view as well as being able to record.

Sorted myself out a 4K sports camera now. And a drone for when it's not windy. Could be worth a crack. 

View attachment 12902
The Law might prevent you, not the wind.

"At the moment, there is nothing to stop you going and buying a drone and taking it out flying, as long as the drone weighs less than 20kg and you are not using it for commercial reasons.

However, you must avoid flying it within 150 metres of a congested area and 50 metres of a person, vessel, vehicle or structure not under the control of the pilot."

The Law might prevent you, not the wind.

"At the moment, there is nothing to stop you going and buying a drone and taking it out flying, as long as the drone weighs less than 20kg and you are not using it for commercial reasons.

However, you must avoid flying it within 150 metres of a congested area and 50 metres of a person, vessel, vehicle or structure not under the control of the pilot."
Noted! Better keep to hobby flying then. 

Cheers

Well camera ordered on 20/02 no communication from the seller.

I have emailed a cancellation of the order they have taken payment on my debit card.

Just hope I haven't been done!

What annoys me is the website said in stock had I known it wasn't I wouldn't of ordered from them.

Back