Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Change of business name

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maund

I am thinking of changing my business name, it is currently Maund window cleaning

i am thinking of changing or adding to it due to the services that I offer than just window cleaning

i also soft wash the usual jobs

clean/clear gutters

i was thinking along the lines of something property maintenance?

Outdoor hygienists? Not sure what the right naming would be

The thing to remember is that you want one or two keywords in the name and cleaning services is spot on.

It's not property maintenace your doing in its literal sense - it's cleaning services.

As fot outdoor hygienists blimey...sounds like a dental nurse and no one is going to know what that means - including search engines.

Mainly cos it doesn't really mean anything - no offence.

Exterior / external is preferable to outdoor but you're not a hygienist mate.

I completely understand your reasons for wanting to change and it's very valid but you need something that is immediately recognisable and tells people what you do. Any name that leaves them thinking wtf is that all about is doing u no good at all.

And search engines are the same. The biggest factor you should be considering is an SEO friendly name that includes keywords u want to rank for in search results, i,e, cleaning services.

If you want an even bigger advantage you should also include the main town or city that you cover eg Norwich Cleaning Services.

Consistently every year in the top 10 ranking factors in both organic search results (normal listings) and the local 3 pack are

1) keywords in business name and  domain name

2) location in business name / domain name (and of course the location is itself a keyword)

Exact match domains i.e. location + service give a significant boost to rsnking.

People in the SEO world have been complaining about this for years but nothing's changed - it still helps SEO in a big way..

And conversely having a location in name doesn't seem to hurt ranking elsewhere. And the only place u can appear in the local 3 pack is where u live unless u have offices/ units elsewhere so optimise for your local area.

You also need to consider how u would categorise your business on GMB and other directories, but GMB in particular.

If u chose property maintenance google would see that then look at the content of your site and think that's not property maintenance.
 I totally understand your thinking and it is in a way but it's not accurate ...it's cleaning services simple as that.

And getting categorisation wrong can serously harm your chances of appearing in the local 3 pack and ranking high in organics.

The other VERY important thing to think about is that you will need to update new company info on every single business directory where your business is listed. That includes directories you've probably never heard of and never registered with. But biz info is sold amongst directories and data aggregators (who are the most important sources of business info and supply the likes of Google, Bing etc).

There are online tools u can use to check your online footprint and see where your biz info is stored and how accurate it is, but it will take a lot of time to do it right and to then update it all.

And not doing it it will knacker you as far as SEO goes because citations and backlinks to your site need to be accurate to benefit from them,  and without them it will make ranking very difficult.

Inconsistent biz info and in particular NAP - name, address, phone number - MUST be consistently recorded and when it's wrong it's one of the biggest negative ranking factors.

So there's a lot to bear in mind.

How about transparent wall hygiene engineer and exterior athetics expert.

Or you could be Maund Cleaning Services

As fot outdoor hygienists blimey...sounds like a dental nurse and no one is going to know what that means - including search engines.

Mainly cos it doesn't really mean anything - no offence.

Exterior / external is preferable to outdoor but you're not a hygienist mate
lol! I think I should have used a  :1f61c:  in the first post- those weren't serious suggestions, just some of the pretentious job titles windys come up with for a laugh  :1f603:

Good post, very helpful but I'm worried you're giving away your trade secrets for free!

I spent ages trying to think of a good business name but I just used my name followed by 'window cleaning' as it's what people search for and having a snazzy name isn't going to help anything really.

Edit: I really don't think people use the word 'Blimey' in the English language as much as they should anymore  :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

Last edited by a moderator:
No I realised u were taking the ##ss mate but original suggestions were property maintenance and outdoor hygienist which is what I was referring to.

I'm happy to share what I know if it helps people out and this stuff is basic ...it's my secret magic that gets people onto page 1 - that generally is paid for.

Back