Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing for larger jobs

Laugher

I've been asked by a customer to provide a quote for nearly a 1000 panels over 3 farms which they have.

ive never quoted to this scale before only for little domestic jobs.

what would be the best way to go about pricing? Some have good access but most would have to be done from a scaffold tower or by power access

Ask solar steve ???? probebly 16 pence per panel ???? only way to do it is how long do you think it will take price per hour , jobs like this can take longer than you think we generaly don’t do many now as it wasn’t financially viable 

Well check you have solar farm insurance before anything else some company say they cover panels but only up to a set number or just domestic.

1000 panels tbh will take more then one day you can't clean 1000 in one day it's impossible. Being over 3 farms you will have to move the van etc pack up and set up 3 times over the job so it's around 2 days work today cover your self and do a high quality job.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Well check you have solar farm insurance before anything else some company say they cover panels but only up to a set number or just domestic.

1000 panels tbh will take more then one day you can't clean 1000 in one day it's impossible. Being over 3 farms you will have to move the van etc pack up and set up 3 times over the job so it's around 2 days work today cover your self and do a high quality job.

On ground mounts we used we used to do minimum of 800 panels per person per day the maximum we did was 1100 that was hard work and mainly the reason we don’t do them any more we do a few private arrays on barn roofs but again it’s a lot slower using mewps or cherry pickers awkward work and Ime now telling most customers we won’t be doing them in future 

It has has been pointed out to me that the comments I made refering to Lawrences comments could be viewed as critical or putting him down this certainly wasn’t my intention and if that’s how it came over I do apologise I was trying to show that’s the volume of panels that need to be done per day working for ss as he was paying 16 pence per panel are a minimum of 800 the most I did in a day was 1100 I didn’t mean to cause any offence and if I have please accept this as an apology 

i also accept that a newby will struggle to do this volume of work per day and it wouldn’t be realistic for him to do that volume but just used what we do as an example of what can be achieved with the right kit a bit of experience and a lot of hard work and large volumes of water  

1000 rooftop will take 2 guys 2 days if dirty.

its hard for two guys to work out of one cage.

1000 rooftop will take 2 guys 2 days if dirty.

its hard for two guys to work out of one cage.

I think the op workes on his own , we would have one operator per mewp - cherry picker as like you say two get in each other’s way providing you can get above the panels In Height and are pushing down rather than up hill it’s a lot quicker and less strain on the body , if it’s on a farm farmer might have a telly handler that could be used for access 

We make good money on the rooftop jobs, poultrysheds etc. Maybe less competition for us round this way. 

You’re correct, it’s hard to make money on big ground mount. Nobody wants to clean a thousand panels a day!

£1 a panel I would charge minimum

I have 16 panels and realise that that £1 clean on a panel will bring in a lot more in feed in tariff from the extra power generated. Plus, increase longevity of the panel. cheers m

Steve will be charging £750 -£1200 depending on what mug he’s getting to do it.

To be fair I always got good prices from him but that’s probs why we don’t get any work of him anymore.

Oh wait no it isn’t hahahaha......

His problem is that he’s in front of the where the market is in 5 years time he has the right business, just too many shortcuts being made to cover ends meat at the moment

Latest Posts

Back