Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure wash or softwash tarmac carpark?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Petrol driven sweeper would be a good start to remove the worst of the moss , personally I would hypo the walls then light pressure wash : Tarmac I would pressure wash with a flat surface cleaner then treat with a bio product to help slow down re growth , Ime sure others will have differing idears but we have done a few jobs like this and it works well , if the Tarmac is in good condition , don’t do it on maximum pressure start low and increase pressure if there is any sighn of it damaging the surface reduce the pressure 

Petrol driven sweeper would be a good start to remove the worst of the moss , personally I would hypo the walls then light pressure wash : Tarmac I would pressure wash with a flat surface cleaner then treat with a bio product to help slow down re growth , Ime sure others will have differing idears but we have done a few jobs like this and it works well , if the Tarmac is in good condition , don’t do it on maximum pressure start low and increase pressure if there is any sighn of it damaging the surface reduce the pressure 
i would agree with you on that

Wouldn't recommend pressure washing walls. They've already got efflorescence showing and penetrating the walls with more water will only exascerbate the problem.

Even at low pressure water will always find a way in through cracks in mortar etc and water is what causes the efflorescence with salts rising to the surface.

Hypo/soft wash will do the job

OP's pics no longer viewable...but hypo on tarmac  :delusional: ??? it is still 'dark' it will massively lighten it...and can give it an 'aged' look -not what most people want - tread with care - you can end up creating a 'mess' imho

Back