Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

andy1992

Hi lads,

Any idea why my univalve doesn’t always switch the water off now that I’ve switched to van system. Is it the higher pressure from the pump compared to backpack ?

Generally doesn’t work when the pole is extended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you say that - mines been playing up recently too and I thought it was because I’d turned the temperature up on my boiler. I’ve found if I pull and it doesn’t work it will turn off if I kink the pipe - which suggests a pressure issue to me too? I’ve used the univalve with no issues since it’s release until last month when I changed it, this new one is behaving the same so it can’t have failed already surely?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Funny you say that - mines been playing up recently too and I thought it was because I’d turned the temperature up on my boiler. I’ve found if I pull and it doesn’t work it will turn off if I kink the pipe - which suggests a pressure issue to me too? I’ve used the univalve with no issues since it’s release until last month when I changed it, this new one is behaving the same so it can’t have failed already surely?

Yeah someone mentioned something about it not working with higher pressure pumps in another post in sure. Funny tho that it always seems to work when I collapse the pole down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Adams0211 has this problem using the univalve with gardiners 100° fans but not with the older red 50° ones

They are lower pressure fans so guessing the pressure is too high using them

@Adams0211 has this problem using the univalve with gardiners 100° fans but not with the older red 50° ones

They are lower pressure fans so guessing the pressure is too high using them

I’m guessing there’s something wrong with my univalve. I spoke to some people on a Facebook group and none of them had any issues with their univalves and the black Gardiner fans. 

Why not remove it from the pole and see if you can operate it with your hand holding the Univalve and your other hand pulling on the pipe.

ou need to use no stretch pipe, the one Exceed sell is especially designed for the job. Some have also found Gardiners PU hose works.

If you start to use hot water then the pole hose is going to get stretchy if its not the correct stuff. The further your pole is extended the more hose there is to stretch.

I’m guessing there’s something wrong with my univalve. I spoke to some people on a Facebook group and none of them had any issues with their univalves and the black Gardiner fans. 
All my 5 poles have univalves and my brushes are now fitted with the 100 degree fan jets and all work perfect.

I had this problem when I started using fan jets. I changed to 4 jets and never had a problem after that. It like what's already been said if there is too much pressure after the univalve it cant spring up to shut the water off.

Its the higher pressure.

Ive had this problem just this last week after installing a new pump. I was convinced the univalve was broken, till i lowered the flow rate and it works fine again. 

Probably why I don’t have any probs have my controller set at 14 plenty of water and hissing out of the jets and nor using anymore water than the pencils.

I've found two different issues using the univalve with gardiner's black fans. Too high a flow rate even at lower pressure causes the univalve to not shut off and too high a pressure and it won't turn on. However, it works fine if I balance it right which fortunately is easy to do with my setup. My system is set at 70psi by the pressure setting on the pump and If I run my flow at 80% it's fine. If I want more flow which I seldom do, I have to resort to folding the hose to shut the water off.

I thought my issue started when I installed my propane heater - that doesn’t work with low flow so would explain the increased pressure to compensate. I also had the 100 degree fan jets and just changed back to Gardiner green hose (from rhino sh1t£) so have a few things to rule out! It’s difficult to fault find when your busy at work so will give it a go at the weekend. It makes sense that it’s a high pressure/increased flow issue as I first experienced a problem when I plugged in to mains tap pressure and couldn’t get it to turn off, as soon as I turned the tap down (through trial and error) it worked.

Had a similar problem when I first  installed my univalve. It shut off but let by a little.

Didn't make any changes but after a couple of days it started to work properly.??

The place I bought it from even asked  me to send pics of the install ,I'm guessing they thought I'd done it wrong.

Back