Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many customers from van sign written

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cameronmalson1985

Out of all the customers you have how many would you say is from the van being sign written. Just curious as to how many customers are a result of the van writing ? Cheers folks 

Had one customer say they followed me on a roundabout while her husband wrote my number down, also had another woman photo my van for my number.

Cant put it down to a number but a fair few! It will pay for itself time and again. Also a deterrent to people breaking in to your van as when they see the words window cleaning on there they know theres nothing of value. Just a few squeegees or a bloody massive tank that they cant move anyway! Theyre after drills and power tools so builders vans get done over regularly. if the van is unmarked then they will still assume theres a gold mine inside. So it is good practice

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks guys. I want to get mine done but it seems to be a nightmare trying to sort it out. Sent one company what I wanted and just seems to be waiting forever for him to get back to me 

Thanks guys. I want to get mine done but it seems to be a nightmare trying to sort it out. Sent one company what I wanted and just seems to be waiting forever for him to get back to me 

I've had about 5 or 6 jobs in the 12 month's directly since I had it signed up and it cost £200 so overall it's more than paid for itself

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I picked up a reasonably big commercial job off the back of someone being behind me. The initial clean covered the cost of my sign writing. It’s a no brainier in my opinion. I personally think you look more professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I could count on 2 hands the amount I’ve had within 2 years. It just looks more professional imo

People see you working and doing a good job and can easily contact you without sighn writing they have no idear who you are or how to contact you it only costs around £200-300 approx best advertising money ever spent as far as Ime concerned 

Definitely best money spent. Had people take photos of the van in local car parks. Get calls saying I see your van in the village every month, can you fit me in please. Even had one woman ask me to stand still in the post office queue so she could take a photo of my fleece. 

Never had a vehicle sign written in almost 18 years of business and still picked up loads of work.

But nowhere I've switched to a van decided to have it done. Yes it will look more professional and no other lads in my area have signed motors so keeping ahead of the competition [emoji3]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Think about this for a minute. You want a window cleaner and two are across the road from you. Both vans are parked and one is signed. Which one would you contact first? More than likely the signed one, especially if the guy has the company name on his top. why? Because a human being thinks of only one thing when he meets someone for the first time. You may not agree with me but I'll tell you fwiw. They think, can I Trust this person! Everybody is conditioned to trust professionals and will always be the case.

Think about this for a minute. You want a window cleaner and two are across the road from you. Both vans are parked and one is signed. Which one would you contact first? More than likely the signed one, especially if the guy has the company name on his top. why? Because a human being thinks of only one thing when he meets someone for the first time. You may not agree with me but I'll tell you fwiw. They think, can I Trust this person! Everybody is conditioned to trust professionals and will always be the case.
Not everyone is conditioned to trust professionals, But in my case for my area I started wearing logo uniform over 10 years ago along with having a website etc. A sign written van ain't everything you have to act as a professional and be traceable professional IMHO . 

I have seen lads with signed vans and looking at them i wouldn't let them near my house also seen employees of a firm driving round estates with 10 metres of hose dragging along behind the van very professional  :1f602:

Not everyone is conditioned to trust professionals, But in my case for my area I started wearing logo uniform over 10 years ago along with having a website etc. A sign written van ain't everything you have to act as a professional and be traceable professional IMHO . 

I have seen lads with signed vans and looking at them i wouldn't let them near my house also seen employees of a firm driving round estates with 10 metres of hose dragging along behind the van very professional  :1f602:
I'm afraid they are. Answer me this:- Have you ever had your teeth seen to other than a Dentist?

I'm afraid they are. Answer me this:- Have you ever had your teeth seen to other than a Dentist?
The point i was trying to make is you have professional people living in houses worth well over 200k and will let a steptoe or Bill Sykes look-alike clean their windows because they are cheap.  :1f609:

In this game you have 2 types of prospective clients those that want clean windows or sort off as long as they are paying peanuts and those that appreciate a high quality professional service and are happy to pay the going rate !!!

The point i was trying to make is you have professional people living in houses worth well over 200k and will let a steptoe or Bill Sykes look-alike clean their windows because they are cheap.  :1f609:

In this game you have 2 types of prospective clients those that want clean windows or sort off as long as they are paying peanuts and those that appreciate a high quality professional service and are happy to pay the going rate !!!
You maybe right. I never forgot what my friend told me when he discovered bird mess over the frame after the window cleaner had been. He asked the cleaner why he never cleaned it. He told him he just does the glass. Mate told him not to come back. No matter who it is, the customer wants a clean job no matter how little he is paying. I always remember how angry my mate was at (as I thought) such a trivial matter.

Do a great job and your customers will hold you in high regard, thus recommending you to their friends. 

Would definitely say it’s paid for its self again and again. Also my insurance was cheaper because I had sign writing!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back