Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gutter vac carbon poles clamped

tench0771

im ordering my poles very soo and looking at the gutter cleaning systems poles from nick day now its a toss up between full carbon or compesight ones just cant deside 

im ordering my poles very soo and looking at the gutter cleaning systems poles from nick day now its a toss up between full carbon or compesight ones just cant deside 

I recently purchased full carbon poles, these weren’t from nick day though, I can’t compare between full carbon & carbon composite but the poles I received are extremely light for each 2 metre length, if you have the funds available I’d go for 100% carbon.

Give carbon fibre tubes a ring they are 100% carbon I have had mine about 6 years still going strong and very good value for money and better quality than some makes and very lite you do have to treat them with respect but I would definitely buy more from them , cannot remember what they cost but they weren’t to badly priced 

Got mine from them too, price for 10 metres £379.20 although this is there minimum order... 5 poles @ 2 metres each, extremely light but as Pjj has stared they need treating with respect as I think they are likely to break pretty easily if rough treated.

Can’t vouch on performance as I’ve not used mine yet, but the lightness is amazing, yes they are tapered, I’ve heard gardiners sale spray which can help with sticking together problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
i take it there tapared sections ? do they ever get stuck ? 

Yes yes they are tapered if you keep the end clean when assembling it it’s fine I have only had it stick together twice in all the time I’ve had them managed to get them apart but was a bit tight 

Nick Day is guttercleaningsystems.co.uk I believe. Worst company I have ever dealt with, my advice is to look elsewhere, total cowboys who will ignore you when you have issues. I can’t knock the product itself though, I have the clamped poles and they are very good, the company though is ?

Nick Day is guttercleaningsystems.co.uk I believe. Worst company I have ever dealt with, my advice is to look elsewhere, total cowboys who will ignore you when you have issues. I can’t knock the product itself though, I have the clamped poles and they are very good, the company though is ?
do u have the 330g carbon poles?

I can, busy weekend though so won’t be until Monday. The clamps are essentially large quick release clamps just like you would find in a bike saddle, the carbon poles have a metal sleeve attached so they slide into one another and provide support for clamping

I had to threaten them with court action to get my money back after waiting ages for their downpipe screw. 

Why why why would anyone run a company in such a shambles way, surely customer satisfaction is key, I’ve emailed these clowns in the past, not a single reply, it’s as if no one cares, if it were a restaurant you could send Ramsey to shake em up, with a gutter vac company...I’ve not a clue?

Why why why would anyone run a company in such a shambles way, surely customer satisfaction is key, I’ve emailed these clowns in the past, not a single reply, it’s as if no one cares, if it were a restaurant you could send Ramsey to shake em up, with a gutter vac company...I’ve not a clue?

Phone rouge traders ????

to be fair i e.mailed them a few days ago and got a reply the next day ive never ordered from them so not shore on the custmer service 

ive been on the grippa tank web sight and found a nice set of carbon poles there 400 odd grams per section but there out of stock grrrr hope they get them in soon as these look realy nice

Back