Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Squeegee would be best?

James Turner

Just got a new job in the country, an old farmhouse, as you can see in the pictures. They are old sash and case windows with wooden frames. Really don't want to use my liqudator on these ones as it'll probably get chewed up. What would you guys recommend as the best squeegee for this type of job?

e89be494c982eac9cee83576982bb27ec85a5836.jpg

f21607f476643ffaf7a5b3b648b72527b5d36fb8.jpg

Just got a new job in the country, an old farmhouse, as you can see in the pictures. They are old sash and case windows with wooden frames. Really don't want to use my liqudator on these ones as it'll probably get chewed up. What would you guys recommend as the best squeegee for this type of job?

View attachment 12785

View attachment 12787
When I started using RazR red rubbers I was the same, but they last longer than ordinary rubbers and cost about the same, so I just carry on, I have done one today like this and it was fine, it has not affected the rubber. Having said that, it all depends on the condition of the wood. If it is rough, putty missing etc, then a liquidator won't be able to do it very well, so when it's like that, out comes my trusty old 'Dog-eared' brass with ordinary rubbers, and that does a great job.

Although obviously not ideal for the Liquidator I use a 10 or a 12 with Razor rubber. I simply can’t pass on the confidence that the plastic ends gives when using against painted wood. You’re not going to get zero detailing so don’t try and just stay a few mm off the frame if they’re really rough.

Would use my liquidator with my razr red as normal, if rubber needed replacing after...so what,you do not expect the same piece of rubber to last your entire  window cleaning career do you!.

Remember Trigger and his old broom in Only Fools and Horses!!!!

I would just use whatever you use for everything else. For me that would be the liquidators with unger soft, If for some reason I had to use a different channel then the s plus with the same rubber would be my tool. Some people get worried about snagging there rubber and having to replace it but for me I just use it for whatever needs done should that be pvc, wood, leaded glass or whatever and when it needs replacing it gets replaced, no big deal. The only thing I wouldn't use it for is cleaning down a concrete sill. Rubber is relatively cheap so don't waist time changing back and forth unless it's completely finish

Back