Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter waste disposal

Adman

Hi all.  Does anyone have any legit arrangements to dispose of gutter clearance waste?  I tend to drop small stuff in the garden bin or compost heaps etc, but on bigger jobs whats the official method to dispose of the waste?

I'd like to drop it to the tip and pay whatever etc rather than risking any fines doing something wrong..

Cheers

Adam

Hi all.  Does anyone have any legit arrangements to dispose of gutter clearance waste?  I tend to drop small stuff in the garden bin or compost heaps etc, but on bigger jobs whats the official method to dispose of the waste?

I'd like to drop it to the tip and pay whatever etc rather than risking any fines doing something wrong..

Cheers

Adam
What I normally do is drain the waste water in to road gully.

Bag the sludge into thick rubble bag then drop it off at local allotments the old fellas love it as a fertilizer.
Or otherwise have a word with your local tip they may charge you a couple of £ s as it's commercial waste.
Or drop it off in your own car as garden waste.

Make sure that you charge for "environmental disposal "
In your price.
[emoji106][emoji16]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

sounds like a plan.  mrs just applied for an allotment so can dump it on her tomatoes :1f61c:

ive just applied for a waste carriers licence too - try and make sure everythings in order!

If you are taking waist away from the property you are supost to have a waist carriers licence , and pay commercial waist rates when you get rid of it : on 99% of jobs we do we try and put it under shrubs or on the boarders or compost heaps I ask the customer before doing this at the quote stage and explain if they want the waist taken away there will be an extra charge to do so most are happy to have it put around the garden boarders etc , if it’s a commercial property and the price is in the hundreds of pounds providing there isn’t a skip full we take it away in the price 

The waste carriers for garden waste is free you just need to make sure you have registered. Its the building waste license that you need to pay money for.

https://www.gov.uk/waste-carrier-or-broker-registration

Where where we are if you take it to the dump you have to pay Commercial rate for waist disposal , drive there etc we wouldn’t Evan consider this option as to time consuming and costly usualy find somewhere in customers garden to put it ???? oviously ask them first 

Where where we are if you take it to the dump you have to pay Commercial rate for waist disposal , drive there etc we wouldn’t Evan consider this option as to time consuming and costly usualy find somewhere in customers garden to put it ???? oviously ask them first 
You need the license if you ever take waste off a site. i.e. if you clean some gutters and don't empty your vacuum before you leave you could in theory be stopped and given a fine. If however for example you cut down a tree and chip the branches to then go and sell the chip you are okay because it is not waste you are taking off the site.

I generally throw things into the hedge bank or compost heap at a customers property if I can but I have made sure I am above board if i need to take it away.

You need the license if you ever take waste off a site. i.e. if you clean some gutters and don't empty your vacuum before you leave you could in theory be stopped and given a fine. If however for example you cut down a tree and chip the branches to then go and sell the chip you are okay because it is not waste you are taking off the site.

I generally throw things into the hedge bank or compost heap at a customers property if I can but I have made sure I am above board if i need to take it away.

Yes i yes I understand what you are saying Ime saying that I would have to pay Commercial rates for waist disposal at the dump as well so works out expensive and time consuming hence why we despise of it in customers garden 

Back