Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Driving me mad ha ha help please

Sewell8996

Guys I'm a bit new to this but I'm a month in and trying to improve things a little.. currently using an xline trolley with a good length of what I believe is 6mm hose..

My old man has given me a 50 meter 1/2 inch hose on a metal reel and I wondered could I use this to leave the trolley in the van then connect the pole hose to the other end of the 1/2 inch using a connector and save myself some money in the short term?

Would this be ok on the pump? Would it work

I'm driving myself mad trying to get my head around it ha ha

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I first started with a trolley but within weeks i took the pump off and mounted it in the van and bought a tank, worked perfect.

What pump do you have?

If its 80 psi or 100 psi it will work fine.

Hook it up and try it out.

Impossible to tell without knowing the pump specifications and a billion other variables, so fastest to just test it.

Remember there will be several litres of water in the hose itself. And it will be heavy to drag around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a look at the x line trolley and it says this:

High Quality Pump & Controller

Our 25ltr Trolley System utilises the same pump and digital controller as you would find on one of our van mounted systems. 

100psi Xline Pump

Powerful Pump, Work at Heights Up To 80ft

Our 100psi pump has a flow rate of 5.2 litres per minute, easily powerful enough to allow you to clean at heights up to 80ft.

Guys I'm a bit new to this but I'm a month in and trying to improve things a little.. currently using an xline trolley with a good length of what I believe is 6mm hose..

My old man has given me a 50 meter 1/2 inch hose on a metal reel and I wondered could I use this to leave the trolley in the van then connect the pole hose to the other end of the 1/2 inch using a connector and save myself some money in the short term?

Would this be ok on the pump? Would it work

I'm driving myself mad trying to get my head around it ha ha

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
If you already have the hose then why not try it. @Nudel got there first.

Before microbore and minbore hose was available, we used 1/2" garden hose. We had 30 meters on 1 reel and 20 meters on another. Never will we do that again. It was heavy and it was just about impossible to reel it in especially when the weather was cold.

I had to unreel some garden hose off the hose reel on Thursday night. Let me tell you it was nearly impossible to coil it back onto the reel when I had finished. It brought back some rather bad memories.

Would the pump be able to pump water through 50 meters of hose? It probably will . From @paul alan's reply, it sounds as though Xline have used an industrial class pump. Because it has to work harder, you will use more battery power. Our backpack pumps have proved themselves to be good reliable pumps over the years. We haven't had one fail. But they only have to pump water a short distance because we carry all the equipment and water around to do the job. So I would class those pumps as a quality product as they do what the tin says it will do. If I were to connect that up to a 50 meter hose then I would be asking a lot more of the pump than it was designed to do and probably wouldn't last. Whereas the Shurflo pumps on the van have been pumping water through 100 meters of hose for the past 11 and 12 years respectively and are still going strong.

A Mini might be classed as a very reliable car, but if you took that very reliable car and used it to transport 1/2 ton of sand every day, would it still be reliable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back