Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tap Water TDS reading 16ppm

Wazza

Hi everyone.

been trad for 2 years

i am just starting to get in to water fed pole .

ive been told to measure my tap water to find the TDS in my water so I bought a meter and my water is showing 16ppm am I right in thinking that is the TDS if so is that really low as I have measured at a few friends and there water is 99 I have bought mineral water to test and that was 261 and my house tap water stays 16.

Any info would be appreciated.

if its the right reading your are blessed as di only needed , but i would have concerns with the reading as with stuff put into our water these days i find it unbelievable that the reading would be that low .But  if it is your very lucky :)

Yes im unsure myself I don’t no if I’m measuring it wrong.

on my TDS meter it’s measured in ec and ppm is the ppm the TDS level.

I have measured it at a couple of different places to make sure it wasn’t faulty my parents live in south manchester and there reading was 99.i also tried in bottled water and that measured 261.

very strange 

We have had new pipes after one of the mains burst and we had no water for a week so maybe that has something to do with it. Still seems low but will get a di and see if it gets to 0 and no more then.

Thanks for the replys

That is very low especially in this weather mine as gone up from 290ish to 330ish during the winter.

I've successfully cleaned with water higher than 16PPM!! :1f603:  

I've successfully cleaned with water higher than 16PPM!! :1f603:  
I believe it depends on the chemical make in your local water, I cleaned my own windows with 003 and got a little spotting so I personally won’t clean above 001 now, just changed my resin this morning bloody cold thought my fingers were going to snap lol. 

Does anyone no if the TDS changes from room to room my kitchen water is showing 16ppm and upstairs bathroom  reading 21ppm 

It could possibly be the difference in pipework in you house.
Interestingly I'm up the road from you in Oldham and I'm at 61ppm which is the lowest it's ever been. 12 months ago however when they were building a new estate up the road from me it shot up to 130ppm. and I was burning resin, I put it down to them tapping in to the supply and contaminating the water it took months before it came down again.
If you've got 16ppm in Bury then you are blessed.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Seems like the north west must be soft water or something as another lad in Rochdale think his was 64.

thanks for reply’s 

8D1F6900-34A1-435D-A990-454AA1F7EA6B.jpeg

Had a week in Ambleside last week and filled my water bottle up for the drive back...bit left in it when I went to clean it so measured it....036....must be great although mine round here only reads 75/90.

Latest Posts

Back