Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose freeze up with this cold weathers

Oil filled radiator in the van over night? Bring your reel indoors over night?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I used to have an oil filled radiator but didn’t like leaving it on all night so went and bought a £10 Tesco electric blow heater, throw it in the van for 10 mins in the morning and instantly thaws anything frozen out but I always drain lines as best I can and I’ve wrapped all pipes up to reel with the foam stuff from b&q, 

I shove my trolley and backpack in the kitchen until morning 

No freezing there :1f602:

I shove my trolley and backpack in the kitchen until morning 

No freezing there :1f602:
Backpack and 2 barrels in house, rest can defrost en route, if they don't I'll just trad or bugger off home, also taking a barrel of boiling hot water wrapped in blanket to keep my trad bucket nice and toasty

Just went out and van was all fine no freezing with heater in all night but I was cleaning windows and the brush hose started to freeze after 2 mins of cleaning what could I do to solve this thanks

Didn't even bother today plenty of snow and freezing temperature might even take the week off yet. 

Cobblers to it. I’ve written this week off. 

Unusually they say the weather is going to be worst off in the south east.

I bought a brand new van last may so I’m buggered if I’m taking that out on the road to let some moron slide into it.

Two of my mates are brickies, my ex worker Danny is a windie, all having this week off, so it’s snooker and a few beers ? this week.

Its officially spring on Thursday!! ???????????

Got some trad bungalows to do this morning, hopefully temp gets above zero by lunchtime. Tuesday and Wednesday look like a write off at the minute.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I bought a brand new van last may so I’m buggered if I’m taking that out on the road to let some moron slide into it.

Two of my mates are brickies, my ex worker Danny is a windie, all having this week off, so it’s snooker and a few beers ? this week.

Apart from the new van that's exactly my sentiments.

That's called Team Spirit or Bonding Session or called a session up here

All fine in the West Midlands currently 1.5 bashed a bit out already. No freezing yet!!!!Touchwood. (Carol Kirkwood could?)

EaBloody cold, but workable in Swansea, only day I'm writing off ATM is Thursday, when more snow come from the south as well, Fridays touch and go too, only because I live on top of a hill, and not much gets gritted up here, last heavy snow we got cut off for 4 days!!!

Latest Posts

Back