Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small hose reel suitable for trolley system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i found when i was using a trolley system 30m of pole hose was idel and faster as it was just coiled up on the trolley bracket  :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007VDJ654/ref=mp_s_a_1_73?ie=UTF8&qid=1519592670&sr=8-73&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=compact+hose+reel

I just ordered this to go on the purefreedom trolley 

Should hold loads of pole hose as it takes 20m garden hose
Mentioned one of these to my son as he uses the nano think I would prefer the option of longer hose, but he loves the retractable Aldi hose got to admit with the pole hose attached it does reach around two sides of a normal house with ease and no reeling in then again I suppose reeling in pole hose shouldn't be that hard either.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That basically looks the same as the Aldi reels. 
Don't suppose you could tell us what connectors you tend to use to connect the green pump hose to the air hose Den as I haven't got much of a clue.  It looks like you have attacked a rectus fitting an ball to the retractable end, was that easy to fit?

Sorry to dig a bit for info but gonna be buying the Nano this week, probably today, and the air hose looks a great idea.

Yes 6mm rectus21 for connecting reel and pole trolley end, but at the other end of the pole hose I use John Guest fitting much prefer them as I'm tubeless. 

Den I know this is ever so slightly off someone else's thread topic (sorry CM Cleaning Services),  I was thinking of either using an exceed slick or rectus21 to connect the air hose to the pole hose (not tubeless as that is a bit advanced for me), am I right in thinking both the air and pole tubes are 6mm (or 5mm pole)?  If so I think I am finally sorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pole are 5mm the air is 6mm going tubless is really easy Mark067 and Dave B posted photos of their set ups I just basically copied them.

i used a 6mm to 6mm barbed hose joiner with o clips to attach myreel hose to my pole hose.

i also used porlymorph plastic to cover the o rings so not to get caught on brick walls etc.

then at the end of the pole hose use JG connectors they are really cheap takes around 2 seconds to fit and don’t come apart like the rectus fittings.

1B294C33-D5A9-4B68-A26B-E77B6397FCBF.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2D6B763A-B12E-4971-AC32-C0A1F3EA6C3E.jpeg

4A6E0FEB-5008-4017-8F87-A393D5F6A035.jpeg

Oh that is clever, so the barb on the push fit is strong enough to hold while pulling on a univalve.  Gonna do this.  Might use a 6mm to 5mm reducer though rather than a 6mm to 6mm as I would have some problems with getting 5mm ID onto a 6mm.  And you use another section of pole hose between the air and the pole, it makes so much sense now.  JG fights against the pulling, it is rather genius. And cheap!

Actually if there is a rectus21 on the PF Nano I will just get that, and then the JG, many thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
No probs, the 6mm barb goes on the pole hose just dip pole hose in hot water then goes over pretty easily.

I use backpacks on trolleys but getting fed up of wrapping hose round the trolley I have found what looks like an ideal micro reel bur can't figure out how I'm going to adapt it to fit to a slick connect set up? http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3687767

View attachment 12887
If you want only 10m then why not get a retractable line Aldi one works brilliant also It also 6mm hose I havnt used the slick connector reckon it will fit ok? 

If you require more hose the the claber  aquapony would be my second choice small light and a couple of members have recommended it.

If you want only 10m then why not get a retractable line Aldi one works brilliant also It also 6mm hose I havnt used the slick connector reckon it will fit ok? 

If you require more hose the the claber  aquapony would be my second choice small light and a couple of members have recommended it.
I have 3 lengths of hose 10m 15m and 20 m but i only use rhino tube so reckon 20m will fit. 

Latest Posts

Back