Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

extreme 18 the langth

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

has any one got a extreme or slx or clx ?? as i found my slx 22 mesured in at 21ft fully extended are the 18ft poles realy 17ft fully extended im toying with going 18ft and keep the 22 for the odd high one to save waight abd my sholders 

Gardiners have a chart that show all lengths collapsed and extended as well as reach.

Just got a slx18 myself, as the five top sections of a xtreme47 is a bit long and cumbersome.

SLX 27 that I use as an 18 as well.

An extreme 18 for the wife.

Whenever I use the 27 I wander how the heck I used that for 12 month's day in day out. The "beast" I call it now.

has any one got a extreme or slx or clx ?? as i found my slx 22 mesured in at 21ft fully extended are the 18ft poles realy 17ft fully extended im toying with going 18ft and keep the 22 for the odd high one to save waight abd my sholders 
I use the slx18 mainly even though the skx22 is on the van all the time, don't use it very often a couple of windows a week. 

my slx22 measured  in at 21ft thats with the brush and plastic neck  i only measured it due to my xline being 18ft and it was spose to be 20ft  :1f644:  i rember my old facelift pheonix was dead on 22ft with neck and brush

The Xtreme 18 is named as an 18ft pole to give an idea of the length of the pole when fully extended with the included gooseneck and brush attached.

As indicated on the pole specification chart the exact length of the pole when fully extended is 5.34m which is 17'6" long without gooseneck and brush attached. When assembled for use this gives a full 18ft for use. We feel that naming this pole the Xtreme18 gives a good idea of the product's size in use. Likewise the Xtreme22 is 21' 6.5" long without the gooseneck and brush attached - giving a 22ft pole when assembled.

I did post the following, the last time you asked (Feb 19) about the Xtreme range of poles (and still worth bearing in mind):

Hi tench0771

The X3 Xtreme poles are proving to be very popular among those who need  a lighter pole option - particularly for those working at height.

Whilst they are stronger and tougher than the previous Xtreme poles they are still comparatively fragile and need extra care compared to our standard CLX/SLX pole ranges.

Having followed your pole use experiences and longevity needs from a pole I am not really sure that the Xtreme pole would be a good match for your working needs though

The Xtreme 18 is named as an 18ft pole to give an idea of the length of the pole when fully extended with the included gooseneck and brush attached.

As indicated on the pole specification chart the exact length of the pole when fully extended is 5.34m which is 17'6" long without gooseneck and brush attached. When assembled for use this gives a full 18ft for use. We feel that naming this pole the Xtreme18 gives a good idea of the product's size in use. Likewise the Xtreme22 is 21' 6.5" long without the gooseneck and brush attached - giving a 22ft pole when assembled.

I did post the following, the last time you asked (Feb 19) about the Xtreme range of poles (and still worth bearing in mind):

Hi tench0771

The X3 Xtreme poles are proving to be very popular among those who need  a lighter pole option - particularly for those working at height.

Whilst they are stronger and tougher than the previous Xtreme poles they are still comparatively fragile and need extra care compared to our standard CLX/SLX pole ranges.

Having followed your pole use experiences and longevity needs from a pole I am not really sure that the Xtreme pole would be a good match for your working needs though
lee,we've known each over for many a year,and throughout that you've always had issues with poles sections spinning or wearing out,i do think the extreme would be the better pole for you given your shoulder pain as i know from experience that the extreme has helped me get over ther pain and reduce the overall impact on my body this living takes its toll on.

personally,i would buy an extreme-an 18 is expensive but based on a yearly ownership is less than £10 a week or  £2 a day-that'll earn you far more than that over the year,i did a aa route master on where you are and you are only 68 miles from alex's shop so,

if you could pre-arrange this i am sure if you called along alex could show you how to set the pole up and keep it maintained for the future,given if alex would do this then i am sure the pole will last for years if you follow his instructions,that in turn will save you money in the long term buying poles every year?.just my thoughts mate.

to be honist the cost is not the issue if i get a year out of it im ok with that  as u say brake it down over a year its not a lot realy ill ave to get the 22 tho as the 18 is a foot to shore for my work

lee,we've known each over for many a year,and throughout that you've always had issues with poles sections spinning or wearing out,i do think the extreme would be the better pole for you given your shoulder pain as i know from experience that the extreme has helped me get over ther pain and reduce the overall impact on my body this living takes its toll on.

personally,i would buy an extreme-an 18 is expensive but based on a yearly ownership is less than £10 a week or  £2 a day-that'll earn you far more than that over the year,i did a aa route master on where you are and you are only 68 miles from alex's shop so,

if you could pre-arrange this i am sure if you called along alex could show you how to set the pole up and keep it maintained for the future,given if alex would do this then i am sure the pole will last for years if you follow his instructions,that in turn will save you money in the long term buying poles every year?.just my thoughts mate.
@kevinc250 I’ve asked this a few times, been told that extremes can be a bit precious and you have to maintain them a lot more, is this your experience?

hi steve,i think this extreme thing has been a bit overblown,if you are rough with a pole then the extreme is going to break in all honesty,treat it with respect and thinking how much it costs learns you to be a bit more carefull with it,the one thing i found from day one is how heavy a 250g brush is as it made the pole top heavy,after that i found that you can feel with the pole-as in it needs a lighter touch to get the same effect an slx or clx would.

as for the maintance,hell a quick rinse every once and  a while although when it gets griity i do wince a little bit and try to rinse it out whilst on the job otherwise pole maintainance as normal-the extreme 18 is used every day (well not this week lol)and is still going after 18 months,

now,i'm not a gardiners fan,nor do i hold alex as a god,but the gardiner poles sections are mostly interchangable so whatever happens during a job theres always the chance to swap sections so you can carry on-i should add that i have on the van a fair few gardiner poles for that very reason,the extreme however i have found has not only eases the old shoulder pain but has earned me a bit more daily turnover on the domestic stuff,steve, i look at it as this its going to cost me £2 a day to own an extreme 18 based over a year-its pretty much of a no brainer really.

Back