Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's out today then?

dmw

Just looked at the forecast we should miss the worst of it here, we've got a dusting of snow in Oldham, and the roads look clear and it's just above freezing, so I'm going to head out later and give it a bash.

What's it like for my colleagues up and down the UK?.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'll be out today, I worked in the snow yesterday but temps were good yesterday and just above freezing today, next two days looks like no go as day temps of -4 

-4 here but will be out at 8 ish

Got flats to do first

Hopefully I won't freeze up using my trolley so minimal hose on the ground

I worked yesterday, but the rest of the week is starting to look like a write off......not so much because of the snow, but because of the temperatures. The best daytime temperature around here is -1 and it dips regularly below that. I think the water is going to be freezing on the glass a lot of the time.

Will be going out today but not confident that I will be able to get much done.

I worked yesterday, but the rest of the week is starting to look like a write off......not so much because of the snow, but because of the temperatures. The best daytime temperature around here is -1 and it dips regularly below that. I think the water is going to be freezing on the glass a lot of the time.
Will be going out today but not confident that I will be able to get much done.
Yeah same here mate yesterday was right n the limits the water was freezing on the sills and the the glass in some parts so won’t be going out today [emoji6]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Took the whole week off, snow yesterday and today well below freezing temperatures isn’t worth the chance all this week is cleaning little tight access backroadsthat wouldn’t have been gritted plus the hoses will freeze. PS4 time me thinks lol.

Going nowhere today heavy snow fall in north wales, first time the weather has kept me in for a long time.DO I KEEP THE RADIATOR ON ALL DAY in the back of my van

Took the whole week off, snow yesterday and today well below freezing temperatures isn’t worth the chance all this week is cleaning little tight access backroadsthat wouldn’t have been gritted plus the hoses will freeze. PS4 time me thinks lol.
Haha. Sounds good. What you playin at the min. Got the kids a switch for xmas so I’ve been bashing that recently.

I run  an oil filled rad in the van over night. Unfortunately the small bit of hose that sits under the van froze solid on the way to the first job yesterday. This morning it's a solid lump temp not forecast to get above 0. So it's a lazy day unfortunately 

Below freezing here in Northampton until Saturday if the forecast is to be believed. Going to write the week off apart from a bit of leafleting. Luckily the wife’s got a list of jobs round the house for me ?

Haha. Sounds good. What you playin at the min. Got the kids a switch for xmas so I’ve been bashing that recently.

Got bored with Destiny 2 and don’t know why even bothered with the latest COD they are shiteee they have gone down hill since BOP3, started to play battlefield 1 again the last few weeks might even go back to battlefield 4, had the Grand tourismo here since Xmas not even open the wrapper yet lol.

what you playing and what is a switch?

Ok I see is it like the wii? I still have a wii here never gets played anymore my missus and daughter loved the mario kart they used to play online and bump others off the track not very sporting I must say lol.

im 50 this year and still love gaming especially online, had just about about the gaming system from Atari, zx spectrum, Commodore 64,sega etc to my most recent PS4 plus upgraded from PS4 this Xmas.

Been off since friday probably wont start back up again til next week at this rate. Im not farting around stop starting like i used to, if its too cold its too cold. Even if its 1 oclock in the afternoon its still never going to get warm enough for the spill off to evaporate. it’ll freeze overnight.

Latest Posts

Back