Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frozen pipes

Corps012588

It's happened.

Went out to the van this morning and it's all frozen from the line out of the tank through to my reel.

The van is running so hopefully the heat will defrost it soon. I'm a little worried about me pump though.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

just got home cos its snowing quite well here in worcestershire, put the fan heater in the van also put the fish tank heater in the tank , hopefully be able to get out 2mo and keep things ticking over

just got home cos its snowing quite well here in worcestershire, put the fan heater in the van also put the fish tank heater in the tank , hopefully be able to get out 2mo and keep things ticking over

I wouldn't hold my breath getting out tomorrow mate tbh 

Last edited by a moderator:
ive had the day from hell went work sho[ps were freezing on the glass but got them done then found the wfp was froze had to go home heater in back then went back done a bit more then the gas heater wouldent stay lit come home in a strop took the front off had a look now its working grrrrrr not shore whats going on there!! im just about done sat here with a cuppa and its just starting snowing and there is a gritta lorry out side the day could not get any beta 

I'm having to turn my pump up to about 45 where as I usually use 30-35, not sure if this is down to the cold or another problem? I didn't have to turn it up that high last winter. 

If I know it's going to be cold enough for the pumps in the van to freeze, I disconnect the hose from them and run them for a few seconds to clear the water out of them so the ice doesn't damage the pump.

When everything had finally thawed yesterday I filled the tank, drained the pump and all hoses then brought my DI vessels inside. Everything is good to go this morning but just waiting for the sun to raise the temp just a bit before I venture out as I don't want the water freezing on the glass.
Morning Lawrence, I thought it might be cold in camelford this morning. Allen valley was a bit dicey lastnight on my way through

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back