Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How does this bit come off?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beccy

I need to replace the lid of my Gardiner's Di vessel. New lid is here but can't work out how the riser assembly comes off the old one. The tube pulls out easily enough but the grey section that's connected to the lid that the tube goes into won't budge. Tried twisting it, pulling it out and pushing it in before twisting it like you would on a medicine bottle.

Tried calling Gardiner's but their phones were busy so didn't get through.

[emoji16]
bb19946ba2df5b7f140ecb03a8b4f493.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks Alex, I just didn't want to twist it too hard of that was the wrong thing to do! Off to try again [emoji16]

i have an issue with mine although its not a gardiner one my bits white and not grey and mines came off and won't stay in place and im almost certain it uses your resin quicker if its not attached.

Not being sexist but get a fella to do it.....we all have things we can do best...women have skills us men do not possess.

shake it like a Polaroid Picture.

I wonder if it would be easier if you ran some hot water through it while trying to turn it back and forth?  I think that would be what I would try. Also bayonet fittings can sometimes need a bit of a push as you twist on some things, basically to stop it binding as you twist. Hot water, and a twist with a bit of a push pull to stop it binding must be worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Alex. Got it! Not so sure my hands will ever be the same again though haha [emoji23][emoji23]

Back