Mr O

Any suggestions for decent boots?

Mr O

I always wore my Lowa boots as they have good soles for standing on ladders but they have finally laid down on me after 7 years and I was wondering what other window cleaners use for ladder work.

Clisty1989
3 minutes ago, Dave B said:

British army boots.. goretex lined and warm feet at -13 ain't that right @Clisty1989 ?

Yep the extreme cold weather boots, look like lowas, and just as good, but half the price!! 

Iron Giant

Any half decent thick lined boots will do in cold and snow. As it does not get that cold here.

I have a pair of keen winter boots and apparently good down to - 25 keep me feet warm at work, Took them to Finland last month to see if they were any good my feet were frozen in - 20 so switched to boots provided.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Clisty1989
4 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

And as you ex-forces lads know a decent pair of wool socks or two

Pair of thin sports socks, them thick pair over top, stops rubbing, and traps a thin layer of warm air. Same reason I'm wearing 5 thin layers the last few days instead of a big thick coat.

Iron Giant
Pair of thin sports socks, them thick pair over top, stops rubbing, and traps a thin layer of warm air. Same reason I'm wearing 5 thin layers the last few days instead of a big thick coat.
I only wear 2 thin layers and reasonable work coat decent enough for most conditions. [emoji4]

Mr O

The Lowas I have are the army desert ones (mate got me them out of the stores but he's out of the army now and fighting Somali pirates) so I'm looking for something similar, will check out the suggestions, cheers lads.

Parky

I got a pair of Berghaus Fellmaster recently. Not cheap, but a brilliant comfortable boot.

I’ve realised looking after your boots ie cleaning and polishing means they last twice as long.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Dave B
10 minutes ago, Parky said:

I got a pair of Berghaus Fellmaster recently. Not cheap, but a brilliant comfortable boot.

I’ve realised looking after your boots ie cleaning and polishing means they last twice as long.

Giving them a good polish keeps them supple and waterproof

I wear standard army issue not cold weather boots and they keep me warm even in all this bad weather

20180301_211444.png

Looked like this once i took a scourer to them to remove the plaster they got covered in

Shoes what a good polish can do

Screenshot_20180301-211803.jpg

Edited by Dave B

scottish cleaning service

I always were steel toe capped boots or shoes when out working. Just got used to it and I think its the safest option. No need to worry if anything lands on the toes. Another thing I wear is a pair of clean safety specs, eventually we get used to them.

Mr O

Boots choice seems to vary, which is handy so I can get a good gander through a lot of them and see what suits me the best.

Teaboy

We use timberland pro went through all the screwsfix hardware ones, but these ones last 3 times as long and are much much better.
They are twice the money but loads better

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Teaboy

It’s about how it looks, if you have staff

I’ll be first to admit I prefer trainers but regret it everytime I do.

Staff would be sent home if they didn’t wear boots this time of year it’s easy to slip, loose grip decking can be lethal!!

Iron Giant
It’s about how it looks, if you have staff

I’ll be first to admit I prefer trainers but regret it everytime I do.

Staff would be sent home if they didn’t wear boots this time of year it’s easy to slip, loose grip decking can be lethal!!

I only wear high quality boots all year round. The composite decking is the worst in snow forgot a client had totally covered I was like Bambi on the ice bloody leathal

Clisty1989

It the moment in wearing a pair or walking shoes, look like trainers but with more grip and slightly more ankle protection, seem to be working in this weather, not stacked it yet!

matress

Zamberlan boots for me. Not cheap, but bloody good boots