Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window lickers lol

steviebowron91

I only started window cleaning in November. And maybe it was a wrong time to start but if got me over Christmas and now work is starting to pick up I really enjoy my work and still learning everyday. Am not making the £100 a day but making a steady income. But most of all I love doing it my own boss no working for middle men. But is it just me or others that as I am getting more into traditional window cleaning. Do you find a few peaple that sort of look down at you like your just a window licker lol

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I only started window cleaning in November. And maybe it was a wrong time to start but if got me over Christmas and now work is starting to pick up I really enjoy my work and still learning everyday. Am not making the £100 a day but making a steady income. But most of all I love doing it my own boss no working for middle men. But is it just me or others that as I am getting more into traditional window cleaning. Do you find a few peaple that sort of look down at you like your just a window licker lol

Immature ones probably but once you have a nice van and named uniform and provide a helpful service. They soon realise you are an asset to them and know what's going on in their community. That's what I have found out.

Windys are looked upon as the the lowest of the low - just take the money and smile  :1f603:
Looked down upon, but earning a lot more than those that do it. Love that when they look at you like your just an unskilled egit, but you know your earning at least twice what they earn, always laughing as I walk away

Might add path clearing to my portfolio! 8 inches of snow up here in Glasgow and I have just seen my first snow drift with wind getting up. Must be that global warming they keep rattling on about! 

Yep,looked down on.... but I’ve got no mortgage, 2 new motorcycles in the garage, a new car on the drive and a pretty health bank balance.

As the old adage goes.... where there’s muck there’s ££££££

Immature ones probably but once you have a nice van and named uniform and provide a helpful service. They soon realise you are an asset to them and know what's going on in their community. That's what I have found out.
Unfortunately image in today's society is everything and in most cases we will always be "just the window cleaner". But make them proud that you are their window cleaner, if you turn up in looking like a chav they will treat you like a person who is too thick to do anything else. Like our friend from Scotland said, named uniform, clean vehicle, big smile really does make a difference. Play the game, let them think they are better than you, people like that. But always remember the freedom you have with your job, and the money is pretty good  to.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better to let them think you are "Just the window cleaner" ..I made the mistake of taking my spanking new motor out collecting as the van needed a bit of work one week, a few of the customers looked at the car and I could see it on their faces they never expected me to have anything as nice as that...but they jumped to the conclusion I was rolling in it (instead of the reality that I had saved for 3 years to get it and was proud as punch) and a fair few got a bit dry with me after that. 

Better to let them think you are cleaning windows for beer tokens and have the easy life.

Let them think what they want ?, we know better,if it wasn’t for the local WINDOW LICKERS there fancy big posh houses or offices would look awful with filthy windows and frames, they like to think that they have a better job than us because they trained for 3 to 4years for me it’s all about the end of the week £££££££ most of us on here earn more than them , it’s a good life been a window cleaner don’t let them knock you .we can go we’re we want when we want don’t have to answer to anyoneLOVE IT . I know a lad who sold his round to become a train driver sorriest thing he said he ever done

I always introduce myself as such and such window cleaner and love seeing people’s faces.
If people don’t have the time for me as a window cleaner I don’t have the time for them as the owner of a large cleaning business.

I know a bloke who cleans bins earns over £100k a year, kids at private school and introduces himself as a bin cleaner lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

A couple of years ago I was at Tesco’s filling up my motorcycle, at the next pump was a customer who came over to have a look at the bike.

The next week he cancelled saying that if I could afford those kind of toys then I must be charging too much.

Envy is a terrible thing ?

BCBDB5AD-F2C9-48AC-8AA3-A7281830C657.jpeg

I think they see your happy.....so envy maybe.

Let them think what they want to think it will only end up an advantage to you in the long run, actually I quite enjoy being looked down at because I know I have ordered a new vw golf for my wife which I will be collecting next week and I couldn't be happier with my work so the jokes is on them. Plus you can take your holidays when you want, finish at lunchtime the odd day if you like etc I bet that they aren't in a job/career anywhere as good as your  ?

The thing the customers don't like is when we don't turn up and don't know why. I have had the flu all week but managed Monday then bed all week. Lucky I don't have much on but if I was stuck with a full book then a lot of unhappy customers. Suppose it would be good to update ones customers on our website.

Doubt they will all look at your website if you don't turn up. Best thing to do to keep them happy is text them to let them know your ill and when your planning on getting the windows done.

THL4KEL yes I have to agree with you. Send them a text and just apologise for not being able to make it for whatever reason and when you will be planning to get back to them, that little text msg may go a long way to keeping them happy although that might seem impossible sometime. Sometimes you do seem to be thought of as a pheasant but like it or not we need our customers more than they need us

Latest Posts

Back