Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Snow you wanna be a Window Cleaner?

East
d18721a3756f38685a646cc277182fce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was tempted today as it warmed, So took the wife's little car out for a quick run around to see what the roads were like got stuck trying to get back home.

We have around a 50 metre private access on a slope, started wheel spinning and sliding at the bottom, not a hope in the van so sacking off till Friday for now.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I say Im gonna work Sunday but that might not happen as my van is not starting. Think the diesel is too cold... I had this the last time we had a cold snap.. Electrics are fine its not battery.

I say Im gonna work Sunday but that might not happen as my van is not starting. Think the diesel is too cold... I had this the last time we had a cold snap.. Electrics are fine its not battery.
Spray some easystart in the air box and turn it over

It will fire up and as long as you don't leave it to cool down more than an hour or so between jobs it will be fine as the engine will be warm enough

I have needed to do this the last few days due to starter motor being lazy in the cold and needs changing

Only needs doing in the morning and stays warm enough to start normally for hours 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the worst aspect of the job.....bad weather and the uncertainty it causes. I wont be back until monday now and thats going to be a bungalow day as most of the snow will still be around.

I know its daft and cant be helped, but I always feel guilty when I cant work. 

The water in my tank is freezing. It sounds slushy when I’m driving. Backpack in the garage is still frozen since I put it in there frozen since Tuesday. I’ll have to put an oil filled radiator in there for the day on Sunday to try and thaw everything.

Back