Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardner's sticking there ore in

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well.. he’s gotta blame someone for cutting it back to hard at the wrong time, advise him to take a horticultural course before picking up a stihl hedge trimmer in future, or.. stick to putting stripes in the lawn ?

The customer asked if I use cems in my water as that's what's killing the bushes I said no it's just pure water and maby the Gardner should stick to his own trade as he nos fuk all about my trade [emoji23]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Bet soon as he noticed it browning off, he ran in to the customer saying hey... tench has started killing your hedge, it wasn’t me...honest ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just remember pure water is on the acidic side of the ph scale, it produces carbonic acid iiirc once passed through the resin it’s not an agressive acid but none the less it’s what helps the cleaning process of pure water and it is an acid. 

I had a customer asking me to stop cleaning the windows above her flat roof because she thought the chemicals in my water had seeped and burnt through. I soon put her mind at rest when I offered to drink a glass of it.
Also when I was tradding I had a painter telling a customer that my squeegee was causing the paint to come off a couple of weeks after he had painted it. (I think he ran short of paint and watered it down) .I binned that one.

Many trades are happy to blame the Window Cleaner.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

There again fuel & 2 stroke oil would have the same effect, I reckon he refuelled the machine, crossed threaded the fuel cap & hedged it with drips of fuel spotting there way across it, I’d take some cuttings & have em analysed down at the lab

It is, but air has carbon dioxide in it, and the pure 000 TDS water is so pure that it takes on some of the acidity of the air.  Basically air alters the PH of pure water.

Yep that’s it mate, exactly what he said it’s ph7 as it passes through your di vessel and hose but as soon as it comes out the end of your jets it’s sucking in as much co2 as it can which in turn creates the carbonic acid. 

Back