Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with pricing commercial contact

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowgleamtrowbridge

Hi everyone.

Popped along to my first commercial contract quote today.

Really having trouble trying to decide a decent price.

At the moment they have the bottom windows done outside only for £125.

They want all the windows plus insides done on a three to four weekly basis. IMG_0094.JPGIMG_0095.JPGIMG_0096.JPGIMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Please help!

First clean needs a lot of work so I’m expecting to quote £500. Need some help deciding two to three weekly prices.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi everyone.

Popped along to my first commercial contract quote today.

Really having trouble trying to decide a decent price.

At the moment they have the bottom windows done outside only for £125.

They want all the windows plus insides done on a three to four weekly basis. View attachment 12897View attachment 12898View attachment 12899View attachment 12900

View attachment 12895

Please help!

First clean needs a lot of work so I’m expecting to quote £500. Need some help deciding two to three weekly prices.

I would go £500 all day long, remember when you clean the inside it will be full of new shining cars that must stay dry.

If they're currently paying £125 for a bad job for a quarter of the windows, and the easiest quarter at that, then personally would offer them the following. 

First full clean £750,

4 weekly exterior £200

12 weekly full clean £500

Explain that insides will take longer and the external clean you're doing twice as much as the last guy. If he says that too much try and find the middle ground 

Admittedly I am really apprehensive. It’s this contract, then it will most likely move to the other 3 dealerships next to each other

Do him a deal on bottom half internals for £100 4 weekly if that is what he wants, you will probably only have the odd hand print on them. You will also knock the lot off in a day, comfortably once you're up to speed. Just make sure you have enough clearance under the vents, outside is 3 hours max with WFP, probably need a long gooseneck to get through the vents.

I like to be aggressive on pricing but even I would baulk at £250 for inside and out. Probably more than a days work, never cleaned insides at height so not certain. Your package comes to £1100 on a 12 weekly cycle, if you do bottom half internals every 4 weeks. They are currently paying £375 and only a quarter of their windows are clean. So basically they are paying £90 a week to have clean windows, rather than £30 to have dirty ones, an extra £60 a week.   

So he would be happy with £200/4wk maintenance clean. Sent him a £550 quote for the first clean. He wants it for peanuts and if I cannot ‘accommodate this’ then he will ‘find other quotes’

I accepted £200/4wks and reduced to £450 first clean. He hasn’t responded yet!

No way I’d except that kind of work at £300. Even if in the next few months it ended up bringing in three other contracts because it’s bloody hard work and all four would need the same amount doing!

Am I being irrational?

In the end if you take it on and see how it goes. If its hard work then all you do is ask for more money. If you do a good job he will probably give you extra rather than go through the process of finding another window cleaner. You will be able to squeeze another £50 a month from it, unless you are happy with the price.

That’s what I am thinking. Plus my experience is literally two months. To get such a large contract in that time means I can upgrade to wfp a bit quicker than expected!

The other contracts should come soon after this one.

Like I said, after two months being in this business I can’t turn down such an opportunity to get my business straight into overdrive.

There are other jobs they’re looking to have done which I can make a few more bucks from now and then. So plenty of work for me now I have my foot in the door!

How do you plan on cleaning the high level internal?

at a quarterly frequency they look like they will need applicator and blade.

Are you cleaning the outside fully top to bottom every month?

Fair play to you that's a great contract after just 2 months. Make sure your insurance fully covers you especially if your using ladders inside.

How much for this? Posts are ten 'a penny on here, fellow colleagues name their price (usually all different) lol then you never hear anything, so you presume they didn't get the job and it makes a nice change someone landing a tidy contract. Well done mate.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back