Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pug expert or vw caddy maxi?

Skxawng

Premium Member
I've got two options for a new van and I'm wondering what you would go for?

1st: Peugeot Expert 1.6hdi, 2010 plate, 168K miles, FSH, 1 owner, no warranty, 1100kg payload, 3 seats, £2200.

2nd: Vw Caddy Maxi 1.9tdi, 2008 plate, 169K miles, 2 owners, 1mth warranty, 800kg payload, 2 seats, £2500.

Which is better?

Personally I would go for the Peugeot if your wanting 600l tanks the caddy don’t give you much leeway once you fill up diesel and any other equiptment you gonna carry.

I have a transit connect 900kg payload and always close to payload each morning.

would Love to have1100kg payload.

Expert will be slow as anything 1.6 ive got an 2.0 hdi dispatch and its good i have the long wheel version and i just about get everything in with a 600 litre tank. Although just spent 650 Monday on 2 new driveshafts and a service. Dont help with all the weight youll be surprised how much everything weighs 

dont waste your money on a high milege van take 2k in to a main deler and get a new or allmost new van like vivaro or dispatch , these high milege vans are a money pit y throw money at a old when u can have new, i look at it like this if the van is off the road your bizzness is at a stand still so just as well have something relible 

I did a lot of work for a very rich business man and he always told me to buy German. He said they are the best when it comes to engineering! I followed his advice and have a 10yr old crafter, never had a problem with it apart from that stupid DPF (filter).

I’ve got a long wheelbase caddy. It’s been great. Ex British Gas. I always steer clear of French motors. But that’s just personal preference. The extra seat and bigger payload probably make the pug a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I’ve got a long wheelbase caddy. It’s been great. Ex British Gas. I always steer clear of French motors. But that’s just personal preference. The extra seat and bigger payload probably make the pug a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I had a 306 td and it was the best engine out there at the time. The only problem with it was the electrics. My mechanic told me, he opened up the bonnet of an A class Merc and he was starring at a berlingo engine! I take it, that they all use each others parts from now on.

dont waste your money on a high milege van take 2k in to a main deler and get a new or allmost new van like vivaro or dispatch , these high milege vans are a money pit y throw money at a old when u can have new, i look at it like this if the van is off the road your bizzness is at a stand still so just as well have something relible 
It would be nice and I've looked down that route but I'm having a very hard time getting credit, been told by both my banks I can't get a loan or credit card, and been told I'm not able to get finance on a vehicle. I haven't tried everywhere obviously but I've been turned down often enough so I've given up trying to get credit for now.

In regards to the high mileage, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that low mileage isn't really any better for the engine at least. With a lot of turbo diesel engines they need regular good runs on the motorway to stay in good condition. If the high mileage is motorway miles then I'd be tempted to say that the engine might be better than a lower mileage engine that has only been doing short trips for most of its life. Of course that doesn't apply to other parts like gearbox etc.

I've always preferred VW's we run one as a family car, and when I was trying to source a van last year the natural chioce was a Caddy. However the Caddy was smaller and the Grippatank 500litre tank wouldn't fit, and with equipment I was pushing payload to the limit.
So I bought a Partner 850kg (63 plate) 1 owner,55k,FSH, and was pleasantly surprised, trouble free, it's a bit tinny and I've got the much maligned 1.6hdi engine but it pulls well and my mechanic says he's got a customer with the same engine and it's done over 200k without fault, he just flushes the engine at service. So, over a year down the line, I'm happy with it.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've always preferred VW's we run one as a family car, and when I was trying to source a van last year the natural chioce was a Caddy. However the Caddy was smaller and the Grippatank 500litre tank wouldn't fit, and with equipment I was pushing payload to the limit.
So I bought a Partner 850kg (63 plate) 1 owner,55k,FSH, and was pleasantly surprised, trouble free, it's a bit tinny and I've got the much maligned 1.6hdi engine but it pulls well and my mechanic says he's got a customer with the same engine and it's done over 200k without fault, he just flushes the engine at service. So, over a year down the line, I'm happy with it.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Peugeot cars always had good diesel engines, just their electrics were bad because they cut the wires too short and they begun to break. 

Back