Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Starting Out

TheCheekMaster

Guys,

Just starting out at the moment, haven't bought my kit yet but this will be done soon.

Company set up and registered with Companies House

Public Liability Insurance - currently getting quotes of around £150-£200 pa, includes windows cleaning up to 25 meters i believe. 

Set up

QWashers

Honda 390 L Shape

Snow Foam

Rinse Nozzle

Vario Jet Nozzle

SUTTNER TURBO NOZZLE

Stanless Steel Lance

Ramp x2

Will be getting a 30 meters hose for the pressure washer itself

Will also be getting the normal bits and bobs like the water butt, waterproof clothing, wellingtons etc.

I am based in Birmingham, and will be looking to charge around £40 for single drive way and £70 for a double drive way or around £2.50 per sm to £2 for larger areas

Will need to be sourcing some SH, as i cannot find them from local merchants - ebay may be the best bet for me

Do you think i have missed anything out yet?

Thank you

What do you need snow foam for. That's for washing cars. 

£2. - £2.50 per square metre?  

Way to drag local prices to the gutter. 

For drives we charged £10 per sqm. Clean sand and reveal and we were never quiet. 

Oh - the snow foam was for me.

TBH i'm not 100% sure on the pricing - i've seen places that charge around that much locally and that's within a 10 mile radius from where i live. which is not including sand or seal. Add those, then it would increase

I am not planning on dragging local prices to the gutter, but again, i am still looking into the pricing structure

i charge £60 per car space to pretreat, wash then resand.  I work mainly on recommendations or checkatrade, either way they know im not going to be the cheapest option.  I do a bit of everything though so dont desperatley need the work

i charge £60 per car space to pretreat, wash then resand.  I work mainly on recommendations or checkatrade, either way they know im not going to be the cheapest option.  I do a bit of everything though so dont desperatley need the work

Thats very cheap we have a minimum minimum charge of £150 and are busy with work 

I was thinking about the fact, but would probably get that a later time. 

Apparently using the turbo nozzle will be almost as fast as the fsc as you don't need to go back and forward x amount of times as you do with the fsc 

I was thinking about the fact, but would probably get that a later time. 

Apparently using the turbo nozzle will be almost as fast as the fsc as you don't need to go back and forward x amount of times as you do with the fsc 

Lol if you are doing a path around a house it might be but it’s easy to get stripes with turbo nozzle Fsc is a lot faster on drive ways car parks we Evan prefer it on paths then Finnish off the edges with a vario nozzle : a lot will depend on the pressure washer the higher the flow and pressure the quicker it will be , with a decent set up you only go over it once and it’s clean 

Best thing to do is speak to the company that you ar3 buying the pressure washer off get there advice the fsc will need to be jetted for the washer that you have the makes you have named are ok we have be one , my advice would be phone Ben Marriot at Rutland pumps he is very knowledgeable and won’t try and sell you the dearest machine I bought my stuff of him top bloke and exelent service thoroughly recomend him tell him what you are planning on doing and ask his advice on kit 

Best thing to do is speak to the company that you ar3 buying the pressure washer off get there advice the fsc will need to be jetted for the washer that you have the makes you have named are ok we have be one , my advice would be phone Ben Marriot at Rutland pumps he is very knowledgeable and won’t try and sell you the dearest machine I bought my stuff of him top bloke and exelent service thoroughly recomend him tell him what you are planning on doing and ask his advice on kit 

Thanks

What would be good for cleaning rendering, and which water fed pole could be used with SH, if it can?

Thanks

What would be good for cleaning rendering, and which water fed pole could be used with SH, if it can?

Thanks

We use a gardiners back pack any wfp will work with a hypo mix , we use a 4-1 mix light rub over the walls leave for 20 muinets or so re apply if needed and rinse with garden hose , flush the back pack through with tap water when finished , hears one we did earlier ???? just shows the kind of results you can get with minimal kit we do loads like this each year 

A8A729BF-C9BB-490E-92F2-DD4C3C75482F.jpeg

76D2BAF8-8555-46DF-9F1C-2F6FCD30C027.jpeg

D97416FC-D2E9-4C01-8F57-F9BD8B7E1AB6.jpeg

585EA51B-8F54-4E53-BF93-7BB191ABC71F.jpeg

950D6927-E602-4E4C-AD63-98D023ABCDBA.jpeg

Yeah, I've read good things on the gardiner systems but I could never work out which system would be more suited. I guess I'll come to that when the time comes.  Thanks for your help. 

Back