Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cold n snow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was ok -2 in the van so though no pole as will freeze on ground not good
So ok I'll blade first window mopped went to blade had turned to ice had to scrape off with cloth so jacked it in

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Been out from 8.30, just back and filling van for tomorrow. Only -2 today, -8 with wind chill but got all jobs done quicker than normal. Will put heater in back just incase but not forecast for that cold in the NE tonight. 

I honestly have no idea how you can work in these conditions mate. My van is staying put till it gets a little better and warmer!

I have been out this morning doing shops(in a nice warm shopping centre)

came home around 11am and already had ice forming in my tank.The oil filled radiator has been in the back constantly this week.I have been at this for 20 years now so am use to a bit of bad weather but this is becoming depressing now.Sacked of what work I had left to do and will start back monday.

I honestly have no idea how you can work in these conditions mate. My van is staying put till it gets a little better and warmer!
When I left school, a very long time ago, I worked on furnaces besides the River Wear. In the winter one minute you were 10' away from the furnace chucking aluminium into it, circa 750 degrees, and then  door was shut and you were outside in temperatures like today. Don't struggle that much to be honest. 

Fleece jacket, wooly hat, gloves and a beard does me. Anyway to use a @steve garwoodterm, pub time  :beerchug:

When I left school, a very long time ago, I worked on furnaces besides the River Wear. In the winter one minute you were 10' away from the furnace chucking aluminium into it, circa 750 degrees, and then  door was shut and you were outside in temperatures like today. Don't struggle that much to be honest. 

Fleece jacket, wooly hat, gloves and a beard does me. Anyway to use a @steve garwoodterm, pub time  :beerchug:

That's the secret..the beard!!  :1f602:  enjoy ya pints mate you deserve em! :beerchug:

Latest Posts

Back