Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slx / Univalves ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rob_Gleam window cleaning

Hi, I’m about to invest in our first gardiner poles slx 27’s, and would like to know if we can continue to use univalves. We currently use univalves in our Phoenix poles and are very happy with the way they work. We would like to continue using them in our new poles but before I shell out I need to know they fit in the slx poles. Additionally does anyone out there use the swivel brush connectors on their slx poles? As we reckon they might be a useful purchase as to make awkward above conservatory cleans less of a strain on the shoulders an arms. Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated guys, cheers.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yes they fit fine

i tried the swivel but never got on with it. Heard from a few on here who swear by them. Horses for courses

they fit fine,although i beleive the warrenty on the pole is void if you use them not that it bothers many people
well i never new that i wander y alex chooses  to put that policy in place ? ive used univalve ad for years now best water saving devive on the market they can be a pain when they start to leek but there £30 or something so even replacing them every 12months is no biggy 

well i never new that i wander y alex chooses  to put that policy in place ? ive used univalve ad for years now best water saving devive on the market they can be a pain when they start to leek but there £30 or something so even replacing them every 12months is no biggy 
you have to read the small print on the pole user guide (its a pdf file on the website)it states that any non approved items brushes or flow controls etc renders the warrenty null and void.

Alex doesn’t like anything that he hasn’t invented himself ??????

@Alex Gardiner is that true that a univalve voids warranty?

There is a clause in our warranty about any modifications or non approved devices invalidating warranty. 

This is to cover ourselves with a wide variety of modifications that can & do get fitted or done to our poles. We often do not know the exact effects of such devices or modifications until something goes wrong. In the past Aquadapter’s in particular seemed to negatively impact a poles longevity & reliability. 

However in most circumstances using a Univalve on our poles will not invalidate the manufacturing warranty on the pole so there should be no problem fitting them to an SLX.  

What we have noted on occasions is that the use of a Univalve  has led to damage to the brush T connectors and the fanjets - this is due to the constant hard pulling on the pole hose to actuate the univalve. 

What we would recommend to prevent such damage is to attach a clip or similar to the gooseneck hose just above where it exits the gooseneck which will prevent the pulling action from pulling on these brush parts. This way all the strain is taken by the clip & the gooseneck. 

i put a few cable tie,s on the hose just before the t connector  this stoped and unnessery tuging on the jets and t connector ,wich is fine if u dont need to add extions on but a pain if u do i used to use them push fit gardner hose things but found the tugging makes them leek 

The way I see it, you have to tug on the hose. Not Practical because the hose is not meant to be continually pulled and must eventually leak.
I have 3 SLX poles all fitted with univalves from when they first came out.

Never had a leak. I use the blue exeed pole hose which is recommended for univalves so no problems ?.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back