Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is everyone ready for work tomorrow?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dmw

Well after finishing on Tuesday and an extended break, I've set my stall out for tomorrow.

My oil filled radiator has been taken out after being constantly on until above freezing yesterday,

My external ports were frozen solid, but nature has finally liquified them.

I had a burst garden tap yesterday but managed to fix it now and I have taken my hosereel and garden tap hosepipe which was solid, out of the conservatory and connected everything up.

Looking at my manky windows I thought it would be a good excuse to clean them, so with a bit of trepidation I fired it up and with a cough and a fart it's up and running.

As I speak it's +5 degrees here and will stay above freezing all week, all the main routes are clear here now (Lancashire) and I'm getting a touch of cabin fever now so I'll be glad to get in tomorrow.

How's it with you guys and gals.?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Itching to get out, 2 weeks behind now...

Been off since last monday, bored to tears as weather is too poo to really do anything.

Nope still struggling to get the ice in the tank to thaw out heaters been on all day and I’ve been adding boiling pure in to the tank but it’s still like a slush puppy machine [emoji35] not looking good for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I would love to be out tomorrow but injectors have decided to give up on my van and won’t come out of the head so engine has got to be stripped down looks like another week off

Can’t wait to get back on the houses rain forecast won’t be stopping me , will work hour extra mon tue wed and 2hours thurs & fri  just to get my 2 monthly’s in that were due last week

Literally sounds like the week I've had...

Pacing the house getting increasingly furious about the fact everythings been frozen solid all week.

I'm now a week behind with work and was enjoying a nice lie in on Saturday when my wife woke me up to tell me my outside tap decided to sheer off and was ******* all over the place. Got it all replaced on Saturday and now I'm ready to get out there!!!

IS there any issues using equipment with ice floating on the top  as long as you don't run the tank say below a quarter full?

No windows tomorrow, still lots of snow. just going to do a gutter jobby and look at two trees to take down, even though I packed up my tree surgeon work 12 months ago - but still love to do a bit  :1f44d:

I cleaned my windows as well this morning at 930 after defrosting my hose reel. Neighbours must think I’m OCD. Looking forward to tomorrow 

I only missed two day’s last week. Breaking my neck this week to fit them all in. Flat out for the next three days at least. [emoji21] Looking forward to getting back into it. [emoji1303]

We will be in for a very busy week domestic Monday- Wednesday then commercial for the rest of the week including what we should have done last week won’t get it all done though so will have to stall some gutter vac jobs and plastic cleans to the following week let’s hope the weather is ok as we have some big high jobs towards the end of the week and the forecast is for high winds ?????

Lost about fifteen hours last week but made a lot of that up Saturday. It used to be like this every year when I first started but we’ve had some unusually mild winters the last 5-10 years or so. It’s too easy to sit around saying this can’t be done, that can’t be done, it’s too dangerous etc. With a little experience and preparation you will be amazed what can actually be done once your out there.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back