Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheeky Cow

Poles Apart

So I get this call over a year ago from this lady saying she'd followed me to get my number as she couldn't get anyone to come out to her and her previous windy stopped coming, we bent over backwards for this customer she even said she was in most mornings but every time I messaged always gave me times and days to come so moved everyone around to suit her then I get this good riddance .....

Letting you know new window. Cleaner he as picked up 9 in our road going to call last Friday ever month and will do front if I'm not in .thank you norah

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I got both semi detached homes next to each other, mother and daughter (aged 60) lived next to each other. One side had 10 windows and 2 doors, other had 14 windows and 2 doors. The daughter said the other window cleaner charged £6 and I just laughed and thought no wonder he left. Anyhow it was a nightmare because one needed 2 different size ladders. They gave me 6 and 8 with a £2 pound tip each so I started charging the old woman £20 for both. Eventually the daughter found out and chased me. Every cleaner I speak to, has done them once and never went back. What I take from that encounter is this. If a customer has went through many cleaners and can't get one to stay, then there is usually a good reason for it and expect not to be there long!

Moral of the story is never put yourself out to accommodate a new custy.

I used to do this all the time.

But now it's quite simple they will get done when I'm next in the area and leave access with a text reminder or its front only. 

Can't be doing with all the conversations back and forth what time are you coming blah blah. I've no idea love but I'll let you know the night before.

Only time I'll consider a time/date with a custy is the 1st clean, and thats so I can figure them out, and I only accept cash on the day for first cleans, apart from that it's text if poor access the night before.

Problem with fronts is going back for money if they won't or forget to leave the money somewhere, arranging visits in the main works for me I won't do appointments it's up to the customer to accommodate me, if they ask me to come at a specific time because they are going shopping they get dropped.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I get around that by not collecting.

If someone is not in to pay cash or can't leave it out they must pay online.

I don't give any other options it's either that or i no longer can clean there windows.

The only exception being the half a dozen that I do cash only that are almost always In. On the odd occasion I miss them they will pay double next time. But if it becomes a habit that they are never in then the above rule applies.

I will only do fronts if not in when they sign up for Go Cardless I won't accept On Line Bank Transfers anymore there's no excuse not to sign up for Go Cardless as it's not On Line Banking it's done through email and 99% of people have an email address if they won't sign up then they'll probably be a messer?

Back