Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook pictures

WCF

Help Support WCF:

seanieg

Hi guys, I just wondered what people that use fb do about taking pictures of customers houses to advertise their work, before and after etc. Do you ask the customers permission first or do you just put it on there. For those that do ask, has anyone ever said no. Cheers

Be a proper business owner and ask! I wouldn't want anyone to post pictures of my house on facebook without me knowing.

Even better, ask the customer to like (or even post) the picture if you put it up, that is superb advertising.

I've done this once and asked a shop where I did a before/after shot, and they didn't mind. But they didn't want the name of their shop advertised, and it was not visible on the image so no issues there.

I always avoid full frontal shots or anything that gives away the address. Usually I email customers before and after pictures and mention it in the mail that I will be using the pictures on social media unless they have any objections. I’ve only had one say no but I think it was because they were a bit embarrassed with the before pictures!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had one customer go absolute nuts at me as someone else local had copied a photo off my page and used their house to advertise upvc cleaning.. needless to say I don't bother with Facebook these days, i managed to build a business before Facebook and will continue in the same manner :) .. too many arseholes who can give bad reviews for the sake of it...

One of my mates recieved a bad review for a job he didn't even go to how does that work? Haha 

Thanks for your comments guys, I don't as yet have a fb page for my window cleaning it's just something I keep toying with. One of the reasons I'm hesitant is because of the reason that was said about negative comments 

Thanks for your comments guys, I don't as yet have a fb page for my window cleaning it's just something I keep toying with. One of the reasons I'm hesitant is because of the reason that was said about negative comments 
Unfortunately it's the world we live in now too many keyboard warriors.. a handful of bad reviews can cripple your business if your venturing down the Facebook route.. it's almost like eBay.. . Get 4 stars for sending a package out on time or paying for item promptly and get a semi decent feedback.. not worth the aggro bud

Unfortunately it's the world we live in now too many keyboard warriors.. a handful of bad reviews can cripple your business if your venturing down the Facebook route.. it's almost like eBay.. . Get 4 stars for sending a package out on time or paying for item promptly and get a semi decent feedback.. not worth the aggro bud
I built 80% of my business on fb when I started up again after moving

Nothing wrong with fb as long as you know how to spot time wasters

Put your category as products/services and reviews are turned off anyway so nobody can see a review about you

No need to have reviews as it is just an info page for potential customers 

I don't do fb or all the rest, to much hassle. Just take pictures of your own house, relative's house or a friends house. Best thing for getting noticed is to be out there cleaning and the work will come to you. post a flyer in the street when you are doing it. Keep it simple, because the moment you force the issue, 0 happens.

I built 80% of my business on fb when I started up again after moving

Nothing wrong with fb as long as you know how to spot time wasters

Put your category as products/services and reviews are turned off anyway so nobody can see a review about you

No need to have reviews as it is just an info page for potential customers 
Hi Dave , I didn't realise you had those options available if your selling a service ? I've never really had to use that method but glad to hear it does work that's impressive.

Although if I was looking on Facebook for a trades person and they had no reviews but fancy photos I'd be wondering ? lol 

As you're using it for commercial gain you need what's know as a property release form.  

This is where the the property owner signs a release for you to use images of their house for advertising purposes. 

Without one they can sue you verbal agreement or not. 

First thing I would say is do not be one of those that post every little thing that a customer has done that they do not like onto facebook.  I've seen addresses, phone numbers, screen shots of private conversations as well as photos took of various things that the poster has then given a funny headline to.  I would never dream of doing anything like that to any customer.

I'm really surprised at the people who don't use facebook. Also quite surprised by the people turning reviews off although I understand why. A have a friend who runs a pub, she put on a private function and the customer tried to blag a cheaper price at the end. When they refused the entire family wrote 1 Star reviews. This is a concern for me but with so many scammers on facebook people are naturally on guard. I think you need to look legit. Worst case scenario I could close the page and start again without reviews. Also they reckon 4.9/5 is often better than 5/5. We are quite lucky to be in an industry with a reasonable amount of work available for everyone and are less likely to have local competitors try to put us out of business.

My customers have started to recommend me on Facebook and in the last week i've had 12 potential customers get in touch. Don't get me wrong some of these are the big spenders who want a one off clean or to have them done twice a year but the rest have been really nice people so far. I posted on the for sale sites etc too and some came from that but I am keen not to overkill this. I remember last summer there was a young lad posting on them every day, same **** every time and people just got bored of it. At first he had a few comments but after the 5th week people stopped commenting. Obviously I don't know who messaged him or got in touch via his website etc but I think once every few days is enough.

I'm really surprised at the people who don't use facebook. Also quite surprised by the people turning reviews off although I understand why. A have a friend who runs a pub, she put on a private function and the customer tried to blag a cheaper price at the end. When they refused the entire family wrote 1 Star reviews. This is a concern for me but with so many scammers on facebook people are naturally on guard. I think you need to look legit. Worst case scenario I could close the page and start again without reviews. Also they reckon 4.9/5 is often better than 5/5. We are quite lucky to be in an industry with a reasonable amount of work available for everyone and are less likely to have local competitors try to put us out of business.

My customers have started to recommend me on Facebook and in the last week i've had 12 potential customers get in touch. Don't get me wrong some of these are the big spenders who want a one off clean or to have them done twice a year but the rest have been really nice people so far. I posted on the for sale sites etc too and some came from that but I am keen not to overkill this. I remember last summer there was a young lad posting on them every day, same **** every time and people just got bored of it. At first he had a few comments but after the 5th week people stopped commenting. Obviously I don't know who messaged him or got in touch via his website etc but I think once every few days is enough.
It really does seem to be 50/50 weather people are using fb or not. I'm really not sure if I'm going to bother. A bit more thinking time me thinks ?

Back