Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi All

Lukeey

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well.

Joined on this Forum just now:)

Been window cleaning now for 2 years and still enjoying it! /emoticons/wink.png

Down here in Westmidlands, Shropshire. The TDS reading for normal tap water is over 460! Going through bags of resins each month through the RO Sytem!

Does anyone have the same issue?

~~

L u k e e y

~~~

Hi Lukey,how much water do you produce a month as this would have a bearing on how much resin you use.I would think using a R/O system you would only need the resin to polish the water,maybe check the pre filters are correctly installed.

Welcome, luckily i am in Cornwall so water i around 80-90
Awsome mate!

What a lovely place there too, have some great holidays there every year /emoticons/smile.png

Hi Lukey,how much water do you produce a month as this would have a bearing on how much resin you use.I would think using a R/O system you would only need the resin to polish the water,maybe check the pre filters are correctly installed.

Hi there, ooo lol forgot to mention that... mmm use not that much to be honest, the resin what we go through now use to last me & my dad 6 months, but since the last few months have been going through it so much more quickly. We bought a brand new RO System 2 weeks ago and the same result /emoticons/wacko.png

Roughly though dad goes through: 2400 litres a month.

I go to a little more about:3600 litres a month.

Filters have been checked so many time but done loads of changes to see if its anything that could be the issue but no luck yet.

Do you use the RO System?

~~

L u k e e y

~~~

Hi Lukey & welcome.

Good advice from Nearly

Dave

Hi Dave, Cheers /emoticons/smile.png

A good site ain't it.

How long you been window cleaning for now?

~~

Lukeey

~~~

hi lukey. welcome. afraid im still traditional at the moment so cant offer any advice on that but hope the guys can sort you out. :0
Hi! and Thanks!

How you find window cleaning? You looking to get the WFP equipment anytime soon? Makes it alot easier /emoticons/smile.png

I use to RO but water from the tap is about 12-25 ppm so I just use a DI

Have you checked the quality of the water going in,water pressure as I would think you should be changing filters only 2-3 months and resin about the same,have you check the water after the RO before the DI,it may be a damage rubber washer or a tube connected in the wrong place or the obvious one your TDS meter is knackered.

Back