Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Yell.com

Only if it shows up near the top of searches in your area and also only if they have position 1 available for what you want. They will try and sell you the earth though so have a look online and see if it appears they show up high.

Also check the listings in your area on yell and see if there are gaps in the top positions. You'll notice cos if there are gaps, they won't have all the info that the top results on yell usually have beside them.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Once u sign up, it’s a year contract, you can’t cancel. Very good salesmen, see who’s on yell in your area? If there’s quite a few paid ads maybe not worth it. Getting your website sorted so it shows up on first page money better spent..

Yell is near bankrupt because the big internet companies have took all the advertising. Just do all the free one's like FB. I have a website but I don't think it will bring me any work but have name on my van so I believe its a must. Cards and flyers are good to hand out in an area you work in. All in all what I have found (fwiw) works the best, "word of mouth" I started a year ago with one customer and myself and now I have 30 without anything. Did a good cheap job and my customer told her neighbour and she told OAP forum. Now I have my van signed and website for 2 weeks now and 0. Should be better when I'm out cleaning and I will keep you all informed.

Yell is near bankrupt because the big internet companies have took all the advertising. Just do all the free one's like FB. I have a website but I don't think it will bring me any work but have name on my van so I believe its a must. Cards and flyers are good to hand out in an area you work in. All in all what I have found (fwiw) works the best, "word of mouth" I started a year ago with one customer and myself and now I have 30 without anything. Did a good cheap job and my customer told her neighbour and she told OAP forum. Now I have my van signed and website for 2 weeks now and 0. Should be better when I'm out cleaning and I will keep you all informed.
Websites are essential now a days but it's got to be optimised properly or it won't be found. All the bigger jobs I get come off the website and I wouldn't be without it.

For example I would struggle to get good priced driveway cleaning jobs here off buy and sell sites but they look online for such services at the top end. Top 3 results page 1 as well.

Bark.com is also decent but you have to chase that up with a call afterwards for it to work, again though that's just generally good for standard residential stuff I have found. Commercial look online and usually get 3 quotes, as do a lot of people wanting big jobs done.

Websites are essential now a days but it's got to be optimised properly or it won't be found. All the bigger jobs I get come off the website and I wouldn't be without it.

For example I would struggle to get good priced driveway cleaning jobs here off buy and sell sites but they look online for such services at the top end. Top 3 results page 1 as well.

Bark.com is also decent but you have to chase that up with a call afterwards for it to work, again though that's just generally good for standard residential stuff I have found. Commercial look online and usually get 3 quotes, as do a lot of people wanting big jobs done.

That's Good to know. My website designer was talking to Google guy and he said 70% of internet searches are now by mobile. That's why he told me I have a mobile format which I failed to understand. I paid £400 for my website and after reading Chris33 its probably money well spent. But it pays to have a professional build your website, they are always up to date with things. I am just residential customers now but maybe the website will bring in the big fish. thanks m

That's Good to know. My website designer was talking to Google guy and he said 70% of internet searches are now by mobile. That's why he told me I have a mobile format which I failed to understand. I paid £400 for my website and after reading Chris33 its probably money well spent. But it pays to have a professional build your website, they are always up to date with things. I am just residential customers now but maybe the website will bring in the big fish. thanks m
Speak to k in kent on the sponsored section on here he can optimize it for you. Yes things are changing and that site isn't where the work stops. You need to first get onto all the directories so it builds trust signals for Google, have name address phone number exact same on them all. Yell. Yelp. Google biz page. Thomsons. These are all citations, look up moz for a top list of ones to go on but also local ones have relevance as keiron told me. Google window cleaner your area and scan the listings for directories that show up on page 1 to 5. There is a good starting point

Lots can be done behind the scenes, keiron will explain mate

Thanks Chris, I am only playing with this game but I have a few customers who work for housing factors. I was discussing how I get on their list! I believe working for a factor is a licence to print money and its repetitive work with no hassle over payment. Its getting on the list, I may need to join a secret society!

Hi guys,is yell.com any good for your business?
Had a call today they reckon can get a fair bit of buisness from there site by paying a monthly fee.
Is this correct as I presume a few of you guys use it cheers

It can work mate I got a £360 monthly job off it 2 months ago . If I keep the job it will more then pay for itself. At the same time there are certain areas I'm listed and I get no calls so as a few hints I would help you if you do go for it . Check if there are any sponsored listings there will be 3 main ones for a whole area like 40/50 mile squared area and then also local VIP listings . I think there are 2 of these if there are no sponsored listings for a whole area choose the 3rd sponsored listing as with the 2 others not taking you will appear top and more then likely remain there if other listings aren't taken . To make sure you still get calls if the 2 other spots get taken get a nice picture on there and most importantly reviews as if you have 25 reviews and 2 guys above you have none you will still look like the best option and you will be paying less. The local VIP is also good to just target areas more localised and again taking the 1st local VIP slot will have you first on the page is sponsored listings arent taking.
Important to notice is yes Yell as gone through some changes but there is still some Seo juice to be gained by being on it as if there isn't a good Google maps company showing yell tends to be page 1 and pretty high so may be first thing they click and if your on there your the first company they see. For every pound you spend with them as well they will give you a free percentage to use on another area or service .
Hope this helps and if you have any questions fell free to Pm me

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

DO NOT ADVERTISE with yell, sell you the world and you get nothing, I missed one payment due to bank account change and they sent debt collection agencies after me. Complete crooks. Best as mentioned is to get an organic high ranking website which takes a while. 

DO NOT ADVERTISE with yell, sell you the world and you get nothing, I missed one payment due to bank account change and they sent debt collection agencies after me. Complete crooks. Best as mentioned is to get an organic high ranking website which takes a while. 
High ranking website doesn't need to take a while though look at what k in kent dome for meridion on here in weeks. He's pretty much top spot on Leeds and that would take in some amount of enquiries I bet

In 18 years of business i think i have had 2 phone calls through yell, Just set up a free listing yourself through their site and again do a free google business add use all the free online stuff to get you some online presence 

I use yell . Com I find it good for plastic cleaning jobs corny roofs & jet , soft washing .  U.you have to watch them as they will sell u everything my bill crept up to £67 a month now twelve months have past I have had it reduced to £33 ,  just sign write the van

Latest Posts

Back