Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Filling up taking two hours

Nicky

I live in a soft water area so only use di only , my tank use to fill in 40 minutes now it takes 2 hours there are no kinks the the pipe , the water is coming to to vessel at a good speed it just seems to be trickling out of the vessel started about a week ago any ideas

I live in a soft water area so only use di only , my tank use to fill in 40 minutes now it takes 2 hours there are no kinks the the pipe , the water is coming to to vessel at a good speed it just seems to be trickling out of the vessel started about a week ago any ideas

What goes in must come out at the same speed. If it doesn't the water is going somewhere else such as a leak. You would see that. If there is no leak then the water can't be going in quickly and out slowly.

Are you sure it's not just the temperature of the water.  My RO makes pure water slower in the winter months than in the summer.  water behaves differently when cold 

I had something very similar a few years ago, went really slow. I couldn't for the life of me find out where the problem was. Then eventually I discovered the culprit. I had a hose reel with garden hose I would fill the tank with and always kept it nice and clean, but somehow I'd got a piece of gravel about the size of a marble that had got stuck inside the spindle of the hose reel, so it was like a ball bearing blocking the outlet that my hosepipe clipped onto. Because I never took it apart in the van, and it was fixed so never took out of the van, it took me ages to find it. It must have travelled through 50m of garden hose and got stuck at that point!

Probebly not but have you changed the resin recently and got the flow the wrong way round on the vessel ??? That would give you the symptoms you are describing 

I have been having the exact same problem recently! Been really annoying me. I use twin Di‘s and it’s just one of them I’ve been having problems with. It seems to start off ok and then slows down after a few mins. The only solution I have found so far is to disconnect the hose from the Di (which seems to have more pressure than it should) and then with the water still running re-connect it after a few seconds. It then seems to be ok again for a while. Let me know if you find out the cause and a more permanent solution. 

It’s still the same doing my head in, I have only just changed the resin and the flow connectors are the right way , what IS RECHARGING THE VESSEL

The problem was the rubber seal/ washer  had become loose saggy so the vessel was not holding the pressure so a new seal tomorrow band job done hopefully 

Back