Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What brush are you using

WCF

Help Support WCF:

seanieg

I realise this is a subject that has been covered many times, but what brush does everyone use a a daily basis. It seems people say that I use this brush or that brush but most of the videos I seem to watch people are using a sill brush. Just wondered if there are many out there that use a sill brush most of the time.

I use a Gardiner xtreme 35cm brush with red jets on my 47 xtreme pole (but I only us the top 5 extensions most or the time). 

Just got a new Slx18 with an 35cm ultimate brush, black jets and swivel.  Loving it so far.

This week have been using ultimate flock because after all the snow last week my maintenance cleans have been like first cleans all over ago. 

But my favourite is the ultimate medium for maintenance cleans.

Sill brush for everything! Find that it’s less hassle with getting the brush head at the correct angle.

David K is that battery powered or manual brush (wfp or trad)  :1f609:

I love the Gardener medium brush it gets all the plaque off the glass  :1f635:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think you can clean a sill without a sill brush, you can run it along the sill and pretend its cleaned it but you will just run the risk of eventually getting a call back from a customer. Trouble is sill brushes are like bricks compared to all the other brushes on the market, the gardiner medium mixed sill brush is not too bad, but the xline is a monster. Because I have a bad shoulder I use the supreme at the moment and find these do get quite a bit off the sills so going to stick with this until I get a call back. 

In 10 years of wfp only had one call back well over 5 years ago on a first clean that hadn't being cleaned in years on a main road, as with all things its all about technique master the right technique then sills are never an issue.

I have never been called back for sills I do raise my arms up for upper sills and wipe as best as I can never had any complaints yet but there could always be a first.

Back