Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Green tank in the van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No Mess With Jess

Hi all. Looking for some advice on a lot of algae in the tank in my van. Just bought a new inline filter for in the van, but it’s collecting a lot of algae within few hours and needs cleaning out. If it’s not cleaned, then the pump gets blocked and stops working.

How often do you clean your filters (with the old one I did it about every 2/3 weeks).

Any ideas on how to remove algae from the tank in the van?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

is it a new tank and how do you make your water jess? a photo would give a better idea of whats going on,as hightower has said you shouldn't be getting any so something along the line is causing this

You can clean your tank with a jet wash and a little bit of bleach then thoroughly rinse before filling with pure again. But you need to find out where its coming from in the first place. If your tanks are exposed to sun-light that can trigger it, or they are being contaminated some way.

I used to get it from sunlight exposure.

You have to take it out and wash it then wrap it in something. I cleaned mine out with the wfp and virosol.

Back